Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Nuke problem

Options
  • 01-03-2003 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I installed PHP Nuke yesterday for the first time. It's up and running fine except for when I try to change the Preferences... i.e. Site Name, Admin Email, Theme etc. When I hit Save changes, the page refreshes and it's reset to the default inputs.

Everything else is working fine, it's just this little thing... any ideas what's wrong?

I can't give a link as it's on localhost and I'm on dialup :\

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Check the permissions on the config files. If you can't write to them the changes won't be accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nah, should've mentioned its running on Apache2.0.44, Win2k Pro, permissions are all ok. PHP4.3.1 & MySQL3.23.51 are both installed and working fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I haven't used nuke in years so I'm not sure how the preference system works, but if it uses cookies a possible problem is mismatched hostnames, which results in the cookie not being set. This happens regularly to me when I'm hacking vBulletin offline. :) Anwyay, you might want to check that the hostname set in the config file is the same as the one you're using to access the site.

Geeklog wees on nuke btw. :)

adam

Gah, thanks... tried Geeklog and it's more of a mindfeck than Nuke! :]

Well... kinda. Get to the "Geeklog Installation", click next, fine, click next again and the Success.php is page not found.

For some reason it keeps searching for it in:
    http://localhost/admin/install/success.php

...when it should be looking in:
    http://localhost/glog/public_html/admin/install/success.php

As thats where it is!

I wouldn't care only /public_html/index.php aint working without it. Just shows a blank page.

And I'm fecked if I can find where that path is configured :)

when it should be looking in:
    http://localhost/glog/public_html/admin/install/success.php

RTFM. Geeklog should be installed below DOCUMENT_ROOT, with only the public_html directory accessible from the web. Geeklog is configured in config.php, and you also need to edit lib-common.php in the public_html directory, to point to the installation directory.

adam

• Advertisement

Surely they should make it run from a sub-dir, I just wanna try it but not if it means ruining my hard work on Nuke :\

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

IMO, I wouldnt touch PHPNuke with 9 ft long pole! It has serious security bugs and therefore is prone to hacking!

[JcCM]Murderer, you haven't a bulls notion what you're talking about. Go away. PiE, that's the way it works, and it shouldn't need to encroach on Nuke in any way. If you don't like it, don't use it?

adam

Ah feck it, I'll try it again later.

But if it borks everything up, I'm blaming you. I don't care if you care or not :p

NO WARRANTY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by dahamsta
    [JcCM]Murderer, you haven't a bulls notion what you're talking about. Go away. PiE, that's the way it works, and it shouldn't need to encroach on Nuke in any way. If you don't like it, don't use it?

adam

Whenever, I used it in the past I got hacked!

Advertisement