Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bits and pieces website

• 01-03-2003 9:52pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Would any of ye guys be interisted in a site that sold old computer parts and commputer related bits and pieces?

I'm just trying to find out if you think there is enough interest for another one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

How would it work ? U the retailer sell "bits and pieces" or like an Ebay style bits and pieces website ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Sounds like a good idea TomTom.

Will take alot of work though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

A friend of mine started a company for processing technical waste, he realised that a lot of the equipment that companies give to him could be usefull to other people and might have a bit of value worth. The majority of the stuff is shiped out of the country for processing in holland (rules and regulations) but things like floppy drives or old bits of pc's that people might want for a linux box are plentyfull. I'm going to seel if he will take on the idea.
    AFAIK hard drives are out of the question because due to laws on data security he has to destroy them on site. Mabye he might have some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Greenstar Recycling already sell parts that they remove from tech companies. Its been a while, but I never remember any restrictions on what can be bought or not.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

there is a need . in work i see ppl come in with old computers that have broken mobo's or need old graphics cards they always seem willing to spend about 100 on each mobo so they never seem to mind as long as it will work in the end .. ( p2's k6's )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

There are crowds doing this but they all lack proper websites. If you can make a good website then go for it !

Advertisement