Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling keyboard in windows?

Options
  • 02-03-2003 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Due to confined working conditions, I occasionally have to leave things on my laptop keyboard. At the moment I just open notepad beforehand, and any gobble-dee-goop that might come up just gets displayed there.

Is there a better way / alternative to stop the OS taking keyboard input? (temporarily)
    regards,
    merlin_bar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I can't think of anything convenient off hand.

Considering that laptops close and are pretty compact themselves I doubt any manufacturer has ever considered adding a feature that encourages the use of the keyboard as a shelf or lunch tray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ctrl alt del???

lock it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

.. or windows key + L to lock it under XP

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I should have said I have W2K. ctrl + alt + del and 'lock workstation' does the job. Should have thought of that myself since I do that when I leave the computer unattended @:(

Thanks a lot,
    merlin_bar

win + L sounds pretty handy! urprised it's not in w2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to ms apps/os. Read the hw tweaking/modding charter please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement