Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a sealed Monitor Lead

• 02-03-2003 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Recently my monitor lead has got a bit feck (the one to the graphics card) basically if ya twist it around ya can get the colours back right but mostly its either a shade of red or green etc.

Anyway the lead seems to be attached to the monitor ie its not like it just pulls out handy. The monitor is the 19" they sold ages ago in lidi Gericom.

Is this a job for a professional to fix or should i open up the monitor and have a go? Will a standard lead replace it or would they have their own type of connection on the back.

If i was to bring it somewhere to be fixed, any recomindations. All the twisting is actually beginging to make it worse and loss of picture can happen, its definitly the lead.

Thx,
    Alo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the pic kept goin see attached file the pain of that ultra low res on an old spare monitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should give it a try yourself id reckon, been reading around and with ur case in hand, you should be able to replace the lead handy enough with a standard one. I mean its going to be replaced sometime so u might as well try urself first, u cant do that much damage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I did this once before - the wires are colour coded on the inside - so any cable should so

you might look at buying an extension cable first and taping the original cable back onto itself into a position where the colour works - then of course if you can't get that working you can just cut open the extension cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

TBH i send it off some where to be fixed,monitors hold their charge for a long time when turned off, and they have a very high voltage,Be careful :eek:

COMBATCOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

cheers, ya heard about them holding the charge and that, one of the main reasons i posted, but its been unplugged for last 2 days and probally be a week by the time i get a replacement, i think the damage is only at the very end bit just beside the connection to the graphics card so might just cut above that if i can't get at the back of the case handy.

thx,
    Alo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement