Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Glastonbury?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spleen

I'll be at glasto by lunch time wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

i just bought ferry and train tickets from that place on lower abbey st. for 83 euromobos return with my usit card - fairly handy.

leave at 11.20 on wed and arrive at around 8 same day

bort - excited!

My tickets havent arrived. Ive just found out i have to pick them up when i get there. how sucky is that?

really? i havent got my tickets yet either - i was kinda hoping that they would be sent out

anyone know where to pick them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hehe im buying mine today.. cost price woohoo

• Advertisement

There is a box office at the site. You have got to ring them and confirm your order. If your tickets havent been posted make sure you have your reference number and credit card details with you when you get there. They will sort you out then. Its also helpful to have something in print from the ticket agency to show the security and stewards around the site that you genuinely have purchased tickets. I know it seems like a pain in the ar*e. Last year my tickets were posted out no prob. Trust me though its worth it. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Since zawn canncelled there european tour the festival’s organisiers have been looking for someone big as the replacement act. Paul Mc Cartney was one of the first to be appoarched but ge can’t as he is tour at the same time, so someone else is too fill the gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Hey,
    Just have a question to anyone here who has been to Glastonbury before. I'm heading over on Thursday and I think I read before that, unlike festivals such as Witnness, they allow you to walk around with cans of beer into the concert area in Glastonbury.Like you can bring in cans you have from the camp-site?
    Is this true? As I'm planning on getting a load of cans.
    Cheers.

There is no "seperate" camping/concert area. once you're in you're in... camp where you like.. within reason.

Best fun is probably had opposite the Other Stage or the Pyramid Stage, though it can get rather crowded in those areas.

They probably won't allow crates of beer, but I haven't tried before .. I know they definitely check for bottles though, and you won't be allowed to bring them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Cool, thanks for the reply. Sounds pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

Yoy can bring as much booze in as you like (provided its for personal use and yr not flogging it). So a tray or 2 each is fine.
    There only other restriction is no glass...

I'd think twice about bringing in a lot though... one u'll have to look after it, carry it, and theres no way of keeping it cold. Plus theres plenty of bars, stella lads flogging cans around the site and the infamous brilliant cider bus ;-)

Bring some of the hard stuff and buy mixers on site.

Have a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

just came across this guide for sunday, think it's pretty much accurate

http://www.lo-ego.com/lineup/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Well guys I hope ye enjoyed it, I watched a lot of it on BBC over the weekend and it looked fantastic, must have been one of the best ever......might go next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Apartantly Prince has confirmed to appear next year. If its true....ill be there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

Originally posted by comet
    Well guys I hope ye enjoyed it, I watched a lot of it on BBC over the weekend and it looked fantastic, must have been one of the best ever......might go next year.

ya me too! Moby singing Creep as his encore! WOW! thats all I can say! Really wished I was there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

We left Wednesday and arrived home a few hours ago....

Beyond a doubt, the best 5 days I could have wished for. Absolutely FANTASTIC.

Did anyone tape the shows by any chance? :rolleyes:

flaming lips..
    rem..
    mogwai...
    interpol...
    rem..
    radiohead..
    delgados (especially!)
    beth orton..

all played amazingly good sets, was a brilliant weekend... shone beat down apart from friday morning, and was even more laid-back than last-year, only disappointment being the cancellation of LOTR:Two Towers on the sunday night, that would have been a perfect ending (as it was I settled for a bit of Doves and laughed at scousers trying to dance to Squarepusher).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Keep an eye on BBC I'm sure they'll have a Glastonbury Highlights show at some stage

anyone see the roots on sunday night?
    them and radiohead were the best gigs by far methinks!

the programme being sold at the end of the weekend were saying that along with prince, paul mccarthy and oasis(****) are already signed up for next year

Advertisement