Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFX Dark Aeons

Options
  • 02-03-2003 11:19pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do you defeat Dark Aeons

iv'e beaten Valefor twice (forgot to save) once spending ages hacking away with auron doing 99,999 and once by using Anima so multiple 99,999s

but when you try and fight the tougher ones such as Dark Bahamut who you need to defeat to get Tidus's ultimate weapon Anima is simply less effective doing for me multiple 7,000s while he has a number of million HP

also it seems to me that his special attack kills your characters even if they have Auto-Life on them

is there some particular method you should use to defeat him? b'cos I simply cannot defeat them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

max stats, celestial weapons and armour with ribbon and break hp limit.

or as i do it yojimbo, lots of money and many many tries for zanmato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I use Yojimbo as well. And less tries than DiscoStu.

For Dark Magus Sisters its not that simple - if the three of them can attack you at the same time they will kill you straight off first time. IIRC, you have to run away from them as soon as you arrive on the screen where they appear (cant remember the name right now.... the Djose High Road perhaps?). Theyll chase you at different speeds, so you can fight them seperately or 2 together. Then just beat them the same as the other ones (although itll be a bitch to beat them all with Yojimbo... but no harder than getting 99 Warp Spheres in Omega Dungeon :) - took me over an hour of repetition while using the fabled timing technique).

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I had an easy time with the dark Magus Sisters. I was jumped by all 3 twice when I was playing ffx. First time they did the delta attack on me and killed me instantly. Second time I got a lucky first strike thingy on them, called Yojimbo, paid him all I had which was about 30k or something and Yojimbo performed the Zanmato on them :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

according to the official site this is how you should defeat Dark Aeons who are apparently only in the international version hate that americans

Dark Valfore
    Tactics: Very Easy, a perfect attack reel will kill him. Auto-phoenix to play safe.

Dark Ifrit
    Location: Entrance to destroyed Al-Bhed Home (Bikanel Island Extreme North)
    Tactics: Easy, attack reel and blitz ace will kill him. Use aeons when his overdrive is full to block. Auto-phoenix recommended.

Dark Ixion
    Location: Thunder Plains (talk to soldier under lightning tower north of trading post)
    Tactics: Easy, as long as you have sleepproof, or better still ribbon, and auto-phoenix. This is because his normal attacks cause sleep in addition to full break. You need to fight him twice. The first time you fight him, he will only cast Aerospark when his overdrive is fully charged. Beware of his Thor's Hammer overdrive during the second fight. Use Aeons to block if your HP is low, and as his second incarnation is slower, quick hits should take him down before he has a chance to use it.

Dark Shiva
    Tactics: Max agility is a must otherwise she will kill you before you have a chance to attack. Use Aim several times to be able to hit her. Beware her Heavenly Strike which is instant kill even with ribbon armor, rely on Auto Phoenix. Use Aeons to block her overdrive as usual. Other than that she is not so hard.

Dark Bahamut
    Location: Place where you fought Yunalesca (Where the Sun Crest is)
    Tactics: This is where is starts to get tough. Use all the tactics mentioned above and use Aeons just before his overdrive is full and shield because he will do Mega Flare as soon as his bar is full circumventing your turn (i.e. bar almost full, hits you, bar full, immediately Mega Flare before you have a chance to retaliate). Auto-Life helps against his Impulse. His favourite tactic is to do impulse when his bar is full, then immediately uses the full overdrive to do Mega Flare. Impulse has a 100% chance of turning you to stone, so stoneproof, or better still ribbon is a must.

Dark Yojimbo
    Location: Caverns of the Stolen Fayth (Teleport to end then walk out)
    Tactics: Firstly, you need to fight him 5 times by chasing the summoner back to the entrance of the cave, you can save between fights but if you reload you have to start all over again. So i recommend going to save points to recover between fights. His attacks all have a chance of instantly killing your characters by doing 99,999 damage, and his evade is very high so do Aim MANY times. Quick hit is the way to go with back up from Blitz Ace and Attack Reel. His attacks can also do status effects but i had ribbon so i am not sure what they are. His overdrive attack is an instant kill and even if you have auto-life, you will not be revived so using Aeons to block is a must.

Dark Anima
    Location: Mount Gagazet, redo the challenge in which Wakka had to throw a ball at the revolving thing then teleport back to the entrance to Mount Gagazet and Dark Anima will be there waiting for you. I had the most trouble finding him and must thank my cousin, Izaac, for noticing that Anima looked fishy (remember the shell) and so made me go swimming around Mount Gagazet.
    Tactics: He is hard, and not just for the HP. His Pain is an instant kill attack which does not damage so overdrive comrade mode will not charge. His Mega Graviton attack will do incredible damage based on your max HP, so unlike other gravity based attacks it can kill you outright if your HP is low. His overdrive does incredible damage not to mention draining MP. Lastly for such a huge lump he is very hard to hit, so once again do Aim like it is free, actually it is so just do it until you feel comfortable. As noted from his huge HP this battle will take a long time but the standard tactic of lots of aiming, Quick Hits and using Aeons to block his overdrive will win out eventually.

Dark Magus sister
    Location: Mushroom Rock, from exit of Mi'ihen Highroad walk until you encounter two summoners. A cutscene will commence then the combat.
    Tactics: I don't know, I just grand summoned Yojimbo, paid him 1.3 Million Gil and hoped for Zanmato. Normal way of fighting not sure how but i suggest using an Aeon to block Delta Attack as they start in overdrive then concentrate on one of the sisters and kill her to stop future Delta Attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

i know this is a bit off topic but im about 20 hours into the game and tidus is really crap in it. he has much less HP then auron and kihmarhi and hits for about half as much as they do. is this regular or did i mess up on the sphere grid?(its set to simple mode). any other suggestions that would save me a lot of bother later on would be much appreiciated (eg id tell someone who was playing ff7 not to buld up aeris) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Tidus is never the strongest of characters, hes focused more on speed on his intended path in the sphere grid (hence the haste magic). I used the advanced grid so i dont know the details of the simple one, but I dont think you can go too far wrong with it. If you send Kimahri down the same path as Auron (i didnt) youll end up with those 2 being extraordinarily strong, as Auron is by nature easily the strongest character the whole way through the game. The big surprise turn-around for me was Wakka, who was rubbish for most of the game, but started to get some really good stuff later on, making him my second strongest character.

As for who to develop/not develop, the battles in FFX are varied enough that youll use most characters a good deal of the time, I found. Being able to switch them in and out at will makes this a lot easier.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

in mine tidus and auron are on 140 strength with rikku in third with 96. kihmarhi is a magic behemoth with yuna with the two of them over 100 magic but only 20 odd strength. both have doubecast and one mp use. rikku will do about 30000 with full hp and auron does about 60000-70000 with full hp. 99999 to almost everthing with 2000 hp down.

and they still aint strong enough to take on the dark aeons or monster arean big ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Once I was finished with Tidus's path on the grid I sent him through Auron's one and he became pretty strong before I finished it.

Advertisement