Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 + Region 1 DVD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    the question is will the PS2 play Region 1 on any tv connected with a scart lead. or does it have to be an NTSC compatible tv

i'll be using one of these Region X things
    http://www.playserver4.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PS2&title=94716

Your TV will have to be able to take NTSC if your using the composite (Yellow, Red, White) leads that came with the PS2.

Alternativley you could get a true RGB cable which will allow you to watch the films in colour provided your TV can take an RGB signal, which nearly all modern TV's can. This will give you a green screen but I think that the Region X gets rid of that.

Another method is to open up your PS2 and do a minor mod that enables NTSC in colour on all TV's!

Hope this helps

mfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by mfield
    Alternativley you could get a true RGB cable which will allow you to watch the films in colour provided your TV can take an RGB signal,

thats what i'll do then. thank you

how much would it put me back

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    thats what i'll do then. thank you

how much would it put me back

The RGB cable shouldn't cost you more than €15, but make sure it's a true RGB cable.
    For example I got an RGB cable in Game before and all it was was a composite signal on a scart cable and it just gave me the same old black and white picture.
    All the pins should be included on the scart plug if it is a true RGB cable.
    Watching DVD films on your PS2 with an RGB cable gives you a 'green screen' so before you buy anything just check to see if DVD Region X removes this. Hope this helps.

mfield.

Just got this from the Datel website!
    DVD Region X even removes "green screen", allowing you to watch any DVD movie via a high quality SCART/RGB connection.

So your sorted!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i will be by next week hopefully

thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement