Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worthington Cup triumph. How does Houllier outwit Ferguson

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

If you ask me, Arsenal are the most counter attacking team in the premiership, all they do is give pires the ball when an opponents attack is broken down and he gives it to henry (speedy gonzales) and he tries to score. He's a great runner and he has skill but he hasnt got natural scoring ability like shearer or fowler. . .

I agree, and that is also the way United played a few seasons ago, especially when they did the treble. But neither team is generally boring to watch. The difference is the Pool tend to play 9 men behind the ball, and tehn hit the ball over the top for Owen to run onto. When United and Arsenal play the counter attack, they attack in waves, and both teams have match winners all over the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Liverpool have their own "match winners" we just need to get rid of the losers like Smicer, Biscan, Heskey, Carragher, Diouf, Diao, Traore, and get some decent players (known household names that are proven players) Maybe buy Stevie Carr from Tottenham, duff from Blackburn and bring mcmanaman back!!! and maybe Beattie. When this happens we will take the premiership crown . . . . .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Na bi ag prickiocht!

classic sig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

cheers yop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

The latest transfer talk is that Liverpool are still interested in Steve Finnan, Joe Cole, Harry Kewell and Cisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

But being honest this one hurt me more than any defeat i can remember
    Did the charity shield 2 years ago not hurt. I was at the game and it certainly hurt the 35,000 ManU supporters there.
    The one team in the country with a reputation for fighting every inch to the final whistle
    I wouldn't agree but given the amount of injury time given in ManU games when they are behind, that's no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

did u read this jonno?

According to KopTalk sources the club have:
    1) Already agreed in principal their first signing for next season
    2) The recent transfer talks apparently held at the Hilton Keswick Lodore
    hotel in the Lake District last month WERE with Leeds United as the suit
    called 'Harrison' is some kind of authoritive figure there (he was
    accompanied by other un-named individuals from the same Premiership club)
    3) Rick Parry, David Moores and Gerard Houllier held 'formal' talks with
    their counterparts from Auxerre while the French club were in Liverpool
    for the recent UEFA Cup tie, to obviously discuss the potential purchase of
    Djibril Cisse.
    We are unsure if point 1 is associated to point 2 but we do know that is
    definitely not the player mentioned in point 3.
    A lot of the older transfer links appeared to have cooled off somewhat but
    the Steve Finnan (Fulham) rumours are very strong at the moment.
    So too is the Harry Kewell talk because of his reluctance to sign a new
    deal with Leeds. According to another source of ours, a close friend from one of the nationals with connections at player level at Leeds and Liverpool, Kewell is holding off in the hope that the Liverpool speculation starts to hit the press as this is when he will then take it
    that the club are seriously preparing a swoop. We have no idea how long Kewell
    will wait before holding further talks with Leeds. Although a target for
    several overseas clubs, his wife Sheree Murphy, who plays a leading role
    in the English soap 'Emmerdale' (Tricia), has been quoted as saying that she
    will not leave her job or family - he's hardly going to go overseas
    without her is he?!

The majority of the transfer speculation that you see in the media is
    sparked by the clubs themselves. If Liverpool want Kewell, they
    only have to give the right indications to the right people and the
    stories will hit the press and Kewell will know he's a wanted man.
    If Leeds have already held secret talks with Liverpool about Kewell, it is
    likely that the player himself will not even know. Even if
    a club has been in contact with a player via his agent and indicated a
    possible opening, we know of cases where the club has then walked into
    talks with that player's club without that club's knowledge of any private talks.
    It's all about who has the upper hand and this can save millions of
    pounds.
    It's a strange going on but don't underestimate these powerful businesses (clubs).
    As for Cisse, well he's not a happy bunny at the moment so wait for more
    quotes from him to hit the media before the end of the season. Auxerre
    know Liverpool are serious but nothing has been agreed as yet. We know for sure that Cisse is not the player in question at
    point 1 above and if it was Kewell I'm sure we'd already know about it but
    things are starting to heat-up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Tbh Man U fight to the end in the majority of matches where they are losing by one. If your two down against a side the quality of arsenal (or unbreachable like l'pool were on sunday ) your hardly gonna magic 2 goals in the little time remaining..

strange words coming from a utd fan.
    dont you remember the champions league a few years ago when utd scored twice in the last 3 minutes?

I wouldn't agree but given the amount of injury time given in ManU games when they are behind, that's no surprise.

Do you know that kinnd of conspiracy theory bullsh*t is getting very tiresome!
    Good. Try being a Liverpool fan for the last 13 years and you will know what dissapointment and hurt are (And little moments of joy such as last Sunday).

United fans tried it for the previous 26 years. Trust me we know what it is like to go a long time without winning the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Waylander its not the same. Most Utd fans that post here would be between the age of 18-25 i would say. Is that true? So you fans would have been little kids when Utd were coming to the end of their barren spell.
    I've supported Liverpool since 1984/85, when i was 9 or 10 and I've spent the last 12 years pulling my hair out wondering when we're ever going to win the league again.

Liverpool fans slagging Utd fans in primary school in the 80's can't be compared with the grief we've had to put up with for the last decade or so...

well thats my two cents worth

Well I am 29 now, and I got it the whole way through secondary school and the first two years of college. United finally won a league when I was in second year. Thankfully they have won a few more since but once you have experienced such a drought the fear is always there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    did u read this jonno?

That's exactly where I got it from. Don't know what to believe really, just hoping that something happens involving alot of money, good players and Liverpool during the summer break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by Hobart
    If you say, and again I quote "Liverpool have come from behind in only one of their last 45 games to win." Well its 2 things in my book:

a) Wrong and
    b) Total Crap

There is no black and white about that statement you made. It is made up and wrong. OK.

Ok if you want to be anally retentive about it, i'll be less black and white for you. LIVERPOOLS RECORD OF COMING FROM BEHIND TO WIN GAMES IS ABYSMAL. FACT.
    If you think otherwise then you're wrong.

You must be fairly young then.

I am. I'm 25. And as long as i have been following Utd we have never lost a cup final to the pool. (I don't remember the 1983 league cup final, and even if i did i'd be 6 and it wouldn't have hurt) Did you have a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by thegills
    Did the charity shield 2 years ago not hurt. I was at the game and it certainly hurt the 35,000 ManU supporters there.

this one hurt me more than any defeat i can remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Delboy_69

I'm guessing you mean worthless cup ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by darthmise
    Ok if you want to be anally retentive about it, i'll be less black and white for you. LIVERPOOLS RECORD OF COMING FROM BEHIND TO WIN GAMES IS ABYSMAL. FACT.
    If you think otherwise then you're wrong.
    I am. I'm 25. And as long as i have been following Utd we have never lost a cup final to the pool. (I don't remember the 1983 league cup final, and even if i did i'd be 6 and it wouldn't have hurt) Did you have a point?
    If you call being factual anally retentive well then so be it. Fact is ppl like you have very selective memories normally erring on the side of the team they support. So as I said if your going to state a fact get them straight especially if your team has been comprehensively beaten by another.

Secondly Yea I agree thier ability to come from behind has been abysimal. Apart from that they are still in the Uefa and in the hunt for a champs league place. So not a total disaster of a season yet. And as I have stated they already have the first piece of silverware in the trophy cabinet. Onwards and Upwards.

BTW 25 is no spring chicken. Just aswell you don't "remember" 1983 we trounced you then aswell.

Advertisement