Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usb Pen Drive

• 03-03-2003 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about these? I see them in komplett and they look seriously slick!!! It will be so handy for me bringing stuff from college home! Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

yup. got one from komplett last week, the 256 one, its brill, works like a charm. well worth gettin. and at 100euro you can go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SlimShady

ye there running on win 2k server i think...**** will that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

It's more likely Windows 2000 Pro. Yep, it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

This looks good over on the Elara Systems board.
    Magic Star 256Mb MP3 , USB, mobile email - €170
    Haven't read up on it yet but another €70 and you've mp3 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I suspect one may not be able to install these on a 2000/xp machine you don't have admin rights on, probably depends on the setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

win 2k and XP detect them as they would an external zip drive, if you have a new enough bios, I hear you can boot from one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 duffman_ie

I'd definitely recommend the pen drives. I use mine for college all the time. You don't need admin priviliges for it to work just lash it in and your away. You shouldn't have to install anything for it unless the machine is Win98 or lower. They do work in Linux aswell.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Definitely a good idea but a word of warning, Get permission from the Lan admin before you use it as you could get yourself into trouble for connecting unauthorised hardware. This IS the case in the University that I work in.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SlimShady

cool...will do

• Advertisement
Advertisement