Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AGP Video Card on Old Motherboard

• 03-03-2003 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭

I seem to recall when fitting my GeForce3 card that the AGP voltage was different and a warning notice saying that it could damage motherboard if (whatever)

What needs to be checked, could a new radeon 9100 be fitted to an old 66mhz bus mobo?

Vex.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

AGP card with voltage 3.3V can only support AGP 1X/2X. AGP 2X/4X are supported by voltage 1.5V. The Radeon 9100 is 2X/4X. I stand to be corrected on this but fairly sure this is the case. BTW nice card got it last week. Try the new omega drivers with if your into games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thx for the info ding, I thought it was sonething along the lines you described. The info was for a friend, I have a 9500, still in it packaging and hoping that it can be software modded to a 9700.

Vex.

Advertisement