Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does IT Carlow need?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Who says you're gettin there!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

YOREMA!

isn't she great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Well no she gives crap head :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

ivan is correct that the third year prog students need a lab of their own but then if you go down that route yopu will have to allocate a lab to the end user then to the business etc etc and can get very messy i in third year prog and i can see why the need for a lab is there but that only for certain projects..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Why do networking students have an entire lab? - Ok you need admin access fair enough.

Why would programming students have an entire lab? - In 3rd year we have an entire project to do which I can only assume would be extremely difficult if not impossible without admin access.

And I really resent the way you imply I never do any work.

Why do networking students need a lab? you try deal with our work load AND requirements ( we need linux for two of our subjects and a dedicated box for another). do you have these requirements?

no all you need is a bog standard PC that will run VB. that's it. you have no special requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

the amount of work you do is tiny in comparison to what the networking students do.
    the only reson you are kicking up a fuss is that you found out that lab c303 has P4-2.4GHz machines with Radeon 7500...a slight improvement over A307. oh and the fact that it's closed access and that we are not behind a firewall also contribute to you complaining about the lack of facilities for the programmers in this college.

in actual fact the facilities in carlow it are amongst the best in Ireland.

Accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

i not complaining that the facility's are bad i just saying that in the programming third year we need to be able to access things like adding components like glut libraries etc so that we able to do our work in collage unfortunately we dont have the access to do this so many of us have to work on the projects at home...
    this was also a prob in second year where only two labs had the proper components installed for our projects and we only had a combined total of just two fe*king hours in these labs per week... other than that i as happy as a pig in **** with the facilities in the collage for the programming side of things...
    so fair enough the networking lads needed a new lab with a long time as i know myself cos i am doing a networking module in my course and the facilities were brutal until they decided to install new comps in room c303 some timesyou couldnt even get two bloody comps to work to do a simple lab...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Ruaidhri
    the amount of work you do is tiny in comparison to what the networking students do.
    the only reson you are kicking up a fuss is that you found out that lab c303 has P4-2.4GHz machines with Radeon 7500...a slight improvement over A307. oh and the fact that it's closed access and that we are not behind a firewall also contribute to you complaining about the lack of facilities for the programmers in this college.

in actual fact the facilities in carlow it are amongst the best in Ireland.

Accept it.
    Pfft, compile a vb program, sure.

Uh, actually I had no clue that there was P4 2.4Ghz machines or Radeon 7500. And again, I'd like to point out how I DONT WANT TO PLAY GAMES THERE!

And a "slight" improvement over A307?

Why the hell would I want to go all the way over there to play games, just listen to what your suggesting?

I'm just wondering what the hell its going to be like next year when I'm trying to compile some rather large C programs and I cant find a machine.

Tommy, my main problem is the fact that the business students already have a load of machines on the top of the 3rd floor - so I'm told - all to themselves. The architecture department got a load of P4's to compile their drawings on. The networking department, so I'm informed by ruaidhri now, has a load of P4's.

And the main reason there are even computers in this college? The computer programming students dont got shít?!?

And Finally,
    For the Last Fúcking time I do not want access to the networking lab in order to play games

Thank you,
    Try listen this time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

What exactly do you need them for, I'm sure the third years are given what they need for them to do their project. The college are hardly going to deprive you of what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Well Tom, He doesn't really know from the looks of things. But I reckon his just wants a faster computer ("NOT TO PLAY GAMES ON") for work.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

ivan......whats the point in you fighting for us programmers getting a new lab with faster machines......when you're hardly in classes(had to be said :P)

i'd be just as happy if we had a lab of any kind for ourselves, with better compilers, maybe with linux or mac machines to give us some work on a different platform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by Ivan
    Whats this "we" business?
    This "we" business is because incase u have not noticed I am also a networking student
    And I'm not doubting that networking students dont deserve access. I'm simply asking why computer programming students dont have more/better access to computers.

I cant vouch for this year, but I'm certain that our third year we will have a bigger need for accessing computers than any networking students will.
    Doubt it. From what I can tell, the courses only get harder year after year. And so far I have not seen a heavier project load than Networking.

wtf?? did you see the vb project we just finished last week?

we also got assembly and java **** to do all the time.....i'm not saying that our course us harder than the networking but you cant straight off assume you work harder than us

do you even know the scale of our 3rd year project? we need the whole ****ing year to complete it, of course we should have a lab to work in, especially when we need a computer and the general access comps are all taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Dara get a fúking clue.

Willie, Fúck you too. Despite the fact that I dont go to classes, I still get some of the highest marks in our class, sometimes even more than people who do go to fúcking class, not looking at anyone in particular (*cough* Business studies)

Screw this, this is a pointless conversation with all networking students (apart from dara) who are obviously afraid to share any access to their computers.

Regardless what I say, people seem determined to make your own conclusions, the people I'm actually standing up for (including myself) seem determined to take digs at me. So just forget it. Keep your lab, la dee fúcking da.
    quote:
    Whats this "we" business?

This "we" business is because incase u have not noticed I am also a networking student

No dara, in case you havent noticed, you are in absolutely all respects, NOT a computer networking student. No matter how much you would like to be.
    i'd be just as happy if we had a lab of any kind for ourselves, with better compilers, maybe with linux or mac machines to give us some work on a different platform

Exactly, who said I wanted faster machines?

This is all I'm going to say on this issue.

i dont care about that one exam when i got that 100% in that last maths exam

off topic now, that wolfenstein 3v3 involving me, sicnarf, and stevenk against you havoc and snowball........monday or wednsday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Ivan you are full of ****.
    Who are these people you are standing up for?
    Me myslef and i methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

That gents tiolet in the C block with all the signs telling you to use condoms could do with a condom machine !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

theres a condom machine in the toilets beside the downstairs canteen, in the business block!

and so what if 3rd year programming get a year long project. networking gets one in 2nd and 4th year.
    you should see some of the **** we have to try and do.

• Advertisement

No dara, in case you havent noticed, you are in absolutely all respects, NOT a computer networking student. No matter how much you would like to be.
    What the hell u on about?? I thought being on the Networking and Optical Communications course and also going onto the Networking and Network programming course ofter mine made be a networking student but Ivan knows better as usual
    Originally posted by Jackz
    That gents tiolet in the C block with all the signs telling you to use condoms could do with a condom machine !!!!!
    Best point I've seen in a while. Yes, why does the 2nd floor toilet, beside the labs C305 and C303, not have a condom machine but has the condom posters everywere????

For the same reason newspapers carry warnings about STD's and tell you to use condoms but don't come with condoms attached, they are warnings and not advertisments.
    Apart form the need of condom machines, the toilets on the ground floor of d block beside the canteen need to have locks on the cubicle doors and maybe a change of jacks paper now and then.
    Although, condom machines are not the most nesseccary requirment in the college. How many times have you been in the canteen talking to a girl and she suggests that you head back to your house for a bit or after college STUDY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

never, I think I always join the queue at just the wrong time!

NEVER???
    you poor guys!
    really you should hang around with me more often!
    And i always carry condoms anyway!
    just as a fashion accessory of course

I was going to write "With the exception of shay, how many times have you been in the canteen talking to a girl and she suggests that you head back to your house for a bit or after college STUDY." but i thought it would offend.

ok well i am sure the consideration was appreciate by all TOM

• Advertisement

Shay, the proud slut ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The shop in the college sells them doesnt it?

:D:D The college needs another Networking Lab, what kinda conditions do they think we can study in??? :D:D

:p lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

How many times have you been standing beside baldy, and he says "You wanna come back to my house for some eh....., study....?"

Oh My GOD i Can't count that far Steve!
    Moonbeam as far as i know the shop doesn't sell them!
    They don't even sell chewing gum FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Originally posted by ShayK1

They don't even sell chewing gum FFS!

They don't sell chewing gum because people keep spitting it out on the ground, and buzz decided it wasn't in his job description to scrape it up anymore, so hence they just stopped selling it to solve the issue once and for all. And buzz is back to his original contract of picking up fag butts(which he seem's to be far happier at).

gogo

LOL

they have banned the selling of chewing gum in schools and colleges.
    ****in annoying

i know! i mean you see a hot chick in the canteen and are gonna go chat her up.......you think "OH wait i am not minty fresh and aarrgghh i am outta chewing gum" i much prefer chewing gum to mints and its better for your teeth and gums!
    Chew for twenty minutes after eating to help fight plaque attacks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

haha must be playin havoc with after college study, havin to walk all the way to the shop/garage for chewing gum and condoms must really wreck the moment,
    yous might end up failing all your exams as a result!

see Moonbeam knows what i'm talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Delboy_69

I think the college should have a barber so Mord can get his hair cut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

I think all barbers should be killed so i'm not called a freak for having long hair

i've already told u people!
    there is a condom machine in the toilets in the business block near the canteen

I just emptied it. It is Thursday!!!!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ratman
    I think all barbers should be killed so i'm not called a freak for having long hair

Its NOT the long hair man!! Believe me!

Originally posted by Don1
    I just emptied it. It is Thursday!!!!!

Thanks man!! I'm too embarassed to get them for myself!

i'd rather go to a chemist and get condoms.
    chances ofmeeting someone you know are alot less than ging to a machine in the college or pub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could always say you just want to make some funny baloon animals

Originally posted by Delboy_69
    I think the college should have a barber so Mord can get his hair cut...
    lol

Condom machines r the biggest rip off ever.

€4 for a condom. FOr students I can see the dalema... Sex or Food???

And shak1 we know ur answer ;)

thats why i bring food from home.
    was so much easier when my gf now ex-gf was on the pill.

Aaah fun times I'm sure!

god i miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

Originally posted by ShayK1
    Its NOT the long hair man!! Believe me!
    ???????????QUESTION MARK????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Headcase
    thats why i bring food from home.
    was so much easier when my gf now ex-gf was on the pill.

Ah bare back! lovely! i miss it too!
    Girlfriends eh??

Advertisement