Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i get the latest forum posts shown on main page ?

Options
  • 03-03-2003 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭

i am cuurently trying to redesign my site and i am trying to have the latest posts from the forum shown on my forum. how do i go about doing this.

I want it so that the latest posts show up. I am using php and phpbb for the forums.

An example of what i am trying to do is located here about halfway down the main page.

up.thedugout.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I am doing this on QuinceyBand . It is in ASP using sql2000. Basically it is a select from the database of the top 5 posts order by desc LastPostDate. It is fairly straight forward to do from SQL as long as you have a LastPostDate on your header records.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

can you show some code as viewing your html does not show up the actual sql

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

You could try some of these: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/searchresults.php?version=&query=latest

(This is presuming you're looking for a phpBB specific hack)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

can you show some code as viewing your html does not show up the actual sql

Will do, as soon as I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

thanks guys got it working. i found a mod for it on phpbb.com
    i never thought of it being a mod for the forums thats why i never looked there.

thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement