Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Vodafone Email Settings

• 03-03-2003 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I'm in dire need of help, I'm completely confused on the vodaphone email situation, is it pop3 so that my 3650 can access it with the right settings or not?

If so, what settings should I use? My logon for vodafone in general is a 087xxxxxxx logon, while my email address is not@vodafone.ie, so I'm confused on whether to use 'not' or '087xxxxxxx' as the logon.

Help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Incoming mail server: pop.vodafone.ie
    Outgoing mail server: mail.vodafone.ie

username: your_email_address@vodafone.ie
    password: your 'My Vodafone' password

if using GPRS you need to use the isp.vodafone.ie access point

hth
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I have the same problem, only with 02 prepaid. Do you know the settings dubwireless? Thanks

Incoming mail server: pop3.o2.ie
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.o2.ie

username: your O2 (website) login name
    password: your O2 (website) login password

using GPRS you need to use the pp.internet access point (not the WAP one) - if you haven't used it before you may have to call 1740 to have this enabled for your account

hth
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

just out of pity for ye Brian how many times have you had to type that out since the launch of the 7650?

to be honest i couldn't find the o2 by searching for them on the boards! :o (i know they are there somewhere though !!)

so i can't point any fingers ;)

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Do it the easy way, get the setting sent to your phone from here :
    Nokia EMAIL OTA Configurator

You can also get MMS and GPRS WAP

V10 ;)

hi - only problem is they need to update their OTA database :(

it's still sending out e-merge.ie and dol.ie email settings

BrianG

well i dunno about emerge, but i still use the dol email settings for o2, heck the mail server redirect on the o2 site gives u webmail.dol.ie, and yeah i'm positive i've seen you put up the o2 email details at least twice before....

you are spot on about the mail server domains working ok - sorry i should have elaborated more in my last post - it's just the details that come from the Nokia OTA are combined with GSM dial-up WAP access point settings - someone installing what comes from the OTA configs won't have much joy trying to get their pop mail over WAP :(

if you search for o2 unfortunately it's smaller than the min search word length (4), so trying to search through the forums can be a bit difficult to pinpoint previous posts

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Vodafone GPRS seems really patchy to me. Here in my office it doesn't work, but at home in meath it does, and it seems to work for most of the journey there on the bus.

It's also really really slow! I thought GPRS was supposed to be vaguely quick, akin to a decent modem connection nowadays? I'm waiting 10-20 seconds to load a single tiny WAP page. sucks. ;)

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Sorta off topic but related....I too am having connection problems with vodafone live and my 3650. When I rang them they told me that as the phone isn't an aproved VL phone, they would not register my handset, thus if I use anything which needs authenication, ie sending MMS messages, I get errors. GPRS is fine. I was told to ring back in a few weeks. Great support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    Sorta off topic but related....I too am having connection problems with vodafone live and my 3650

!!! You got it? Let me see! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Originally posted by DubWireless
    hi - only problem is they need to update their OTA database :(

it's still sending out e-merge.ie and dol.ie email settings

BrianG

e-merge settings still do the same thing.

V10 :)

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    Sorta off topic but related....I too am having connection problems with vodafone live and my 3650. When I rang them they told me that as the phone isn't an aproved VL phone, they would not register my handset, thus if I use anything which needs authenication, ie sending MMS messages, I get errors. GPRS is fine. I was told to ring back in a few weeks. Great support!
    #

don't tell them you have the 3650, tell them you have a 7650 or just don't say, the settings are identical, and i'm 99% sure the sms config messages will be the same for both, all you want is them to just know you have an mms enabled handset loike :)

Originally posted by v10
    e-merge settings still do the same thing.

V10 :)

sorry i should have spent more time writing out a reply, their database is a bit hit and miss :(

the Email details that are sent out are combined with GSM dial-up WAP access point settings - so either the person has to be on the ball enough to install only half what is sent out and then make sure they have (or know) an internet access point to assign them to

the WAP for O2 are grand (don't know why they label them MMS though - might confuse some) - the Vodafone option doesn't have any GPRS option just a dial-up wap (WAP Roam)

their MMS ones look grand though so fullmarks on that one :)

its a great facility - they just need to update some fields in their database - sending out old data or having to go back into the settings and edit them takes away for the helpfulness of OTA

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 konradnw

do you have the email settings to access the same email account but from MS outlook. Ive put in the exact same settings but i can only receive messages not send them. Ive been trying this for weeks..
    PLEASE HELP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They should have just told ya that they woud set ya up as a 7650 as the 3650 is bassically the same thing. However, it still has not officially passed Vodafone Ireland's stringent software testing, this is why they said they would not support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

With relation to the email query and Outlook. You can only send the email through Outlook when you are connected to the ISP, applies to most ISP's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by konradnw
    do you have the email settings to access the same email account but from MS outlook. Ive put in the exact same settings but i can only receive messages not send them. Ive been trying this for weeks..
    PLEASE HELP

I presume you are referring to Vodafone email and not an 02 account.

I use another email client, but can send messages from my Vodafone account by changing my outgoing mail server settings to those provided by the ISP I am using. So as I'm using UTV I changed them from mail.vodafone.ie to smtp.utvinternet.com.

hth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 konradnw

Thanks

DUH I should have thought of that

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement