Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who is the best diver?

• 03-03-2003 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

IMO pippo inzaghi is the man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

i think Inzaghi is in a class of his own when it comes to the art of diving.
    Van Nistelrooy should study his technique

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Id say practicing diving is a common activity with the Italian national team ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

David feckin Beckham is on the floor every few minutes, the little whinge-bag.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ashley Cole, Michael Owen, David Beckham, and of course... the master of the dive... DAVID GINOLA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Not playing anymore but the man that wrote the book the one, the only Jurgen Klinsmann (was a decent player aswell)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

isn't diouf the best diver of EPL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

It has to be Jurgen Klinsmann .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It has to be Klinsmann, without a doubt a master diver.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Franny Jeffers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

i think the master in klinsmann but that ginger tosser paul scholes loves flying aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

stephen mcphail falls over if the wind blows.

beckham and scholes always go down easily around the box.. and clinton morrison has been getting a bad name recently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bergkamp or Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

hmm garypope, i don't think falling over in the leeds reserves counts for much these days ;)

ginola rarely got away with diving, ref always told him to get the fudge up.
    klinsmann was indeed a master.
    ashley cole is a diving little sheet. i wanna hit him so bad.
    becks needs to practise his diving, makes him look even bennier than he already is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Dont forget the 6 foot 2,14 stone made outta paper Emile Heskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

lmao sposs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

probly not the worst, but an especially poor diver, Van Nistoolroy.
    He'd have the ball, edge of the box, some defender would run past him and he'd jump.

His are just so lame and he rarely gets a free, ending up losing possesion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Robbie savage - He's not top drawer material but a good trier! :D

Klinsmann rules ok!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Definately either Ashley Cole or Ruud van Nistelrooy. Both horrible little cheats, although only one of them looks like Mr Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads Lads Lads no one in the current Premiership comes close to Jurgen for diving ability. I mean after he dived he would then "spasm" when he hit the ground like he broke every bone in his body (maybe even roll for 10 or 20 metres for effect!).

I suppose its nice for a Spurs player to be first at something :p

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by gandalf
    Lads Lads Lads no one in the current Premiership comes close to Jurgen for diving ability. I mean after he dived he would then "spasm" when he hit the ground like he broke every bone in his body (maybe even roll for 10 or 20 metres for effect!).

I suppose its nice for a Spurs player to be first at something :p

Gandalf.
    Gandalf well said. Again I notice the Scouse V Manc theme. Lads get a life. Although you children are probably far too young to remember the legend that was Jurgen Klinsmann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

A special award should go to the Porto team thay played Liverpool in the Uefa Cup a couple of years ago. They spent more time rolling around than playing. One idiot rolled off the pitch, well done ya dope no time wasting for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

do you think something must be done for such attitude?
    i'm thinking to a guy from PSG called flores, he got 2 suspensions match for indeniable divings.

Basturk(d) for Bayer Leverkusen and turkey.
    RVN, Franny jeffers, Ashely Cole, all germans, Beckham, Laurent Robert, some Italians, all brazilians, some spanish, some argentinians, some french, basically alot of johnny foreigners.

Shearer dives. Kevin Moran used to dive as well as stuart pearce, julian dicks and terry Butcher... all going in for the ball like no tommorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Well most players, especially attacking ones dive ( that rules all Liverpool players out so :p Shame on me )

Ah no seriously I was really pissed off at Jeffers on Saturday. Cudichini picked up a needless bookings for doing nothing. He has to take the biscuit.

Then again Inzaghi, Klinsmann and Beckham are all fairly acrobatic also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Francesco Totti.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In all honesty... I find it hard to believe that Owen isn't being mentioned at all. He is a cheating little bastard when he wants to be.

I do agree though that van Nistelrooy is a bit of a diver alright. :D

... trying to even things up a bit there.

Klinsmann was indeed the master of the dive.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Undoubtedly Klinsmann. Remember his dive against Milan that got Costacurta(?) sent off for an 'elbow to the face'? Masterful. Bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i think the chelsea keeper is a good diver so to is barthez!!! lol no it has to be klinsmann. didnt he do that sliding dive when he scored b4???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Remember the match against Deportivo, Barthez dived over the ball and left Tristan with an open goal!

What about the Croat lad who got Blanc banned for the World Cup final.

Owen doesn't dive much, he is so quick and gets to the ball first. Jeffers is blatant. Against Chelsea he was looking back at the ref before he had even hit the ground!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Any player who doesnt dive when the oppurtunity to win a match arises is a muppet.
    Any fan who doesnt cheer when one of his own teams players and gets a free/peno from diving is lying.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I disagree with that, there are plenty of times when a player has gone down, not got a peno but if he had stayed on his feet he would have been clean through. When Robbie Fowler jumped up and said that Seaman had not touched him he shot up in my estimation. Up to that point I had hated Fowler. It changed my whole opinion of him. When Roy Evans criticised him for doing it, it confirmed my opinion of him. The yugoslav team are faily bad for diving too, especially Michalovic (sp?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Don't 4get Rivaldo in the World Cup, Turkish lad fouls him him in the leg, 'Ah, my face!!' says Rivaldo. Red Card for Turkish fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Damian Duffs a pretty decent diver. Definetly took a dive for our first peno v Spain in the World Cup and I've seen him do likewise on plenty of other occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Don't 4get Rivaldo in the World Cup, Turkish lad fouls him him in the leg, 'Ah, my face!!' says Rivaldo. Red Card for Turkish fella.

i remember watching that and thinking wtf as Rivaldo wasnt even convincing

Advertisement