Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive 06/03/03: Lou Reed

Options
  • 03-03-2003 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Set The Twilight Reeling - Lou Reed

If anyone ever raises the argument to you that the rock stars of the 1960's are now nothing more than a bunch of hair-dyed has-beens living off their past, point them towards this album. Recorded in 1996, STTW is, for my money, Lou Reed's best albumn. and yes, that includes Transformer and New York. It's never failed to amaze me that Lou Reed isn't spoken about in the same reverential tones reserved for Bob Dylan, Neil Young and John Leenon. He sure has the pedigree.

Recorded in New York City in 1995-96, STTW is the sound of a kick-ass three-piece rock band recording live in a room. It sure caused me a raised eyebrow or two on it's maiden spin on the turntable. The first song is all about the delights of a chocolate drink, and Lou Reed actually laughs, TWICE, on a song titled Hooky Wooky. Eleven fantastic songs long, we'll be running through the history, recording and release of the album this Thursday between 8 and 9 on Phantom. So listen in.

Regards

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

"I wanna be a singer like-a Lou Reed"
    "I like Lour Reed" She said stickin her tounge in my ear....

Ok im done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 taellad

"Let's go, let's sit, let's talk"
    "Politics go so good with beer"
    "And while we're at it baby, why don't you tell me one of your biggest fears?"
    I said "Loosing my penis to a whore with disease"
    "Just kidding" I said "Loosing my life to a whore with disease"
    I said "Please... I'm a humble guy with a healthy desire"
    "Don't give me no **** because..."

or something. ahh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Rock On! Taellad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

yay lou reed! :D
    the man is genius i tells ya! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Theres always one, so I've elected myself to do it this time.......
    You shouyld have chosen Berlin, its easily lous best album and the background stories to some of the songs and production are amazing, especially the one about the producer telling his kids their mum is dead just so he could get the right sample effect for the song kids is perverse!!!!!!
    That said I'll defo be listening to this Lou is great roll on the helix gig

• Advertisement
Advertisement