Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating a database in asp?????

Options
  • 03-03-2003 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

can any1 tell me how or even if its possable to create a database in asp without connecting to anything???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Emmm....bit more info please. Without connecting to what? What are you tryng to do? What kind of machines do you have? Are you working directly with the web server or are you working remotely?

You'll probably need to have a database server running on the same machine as is serving the asp pages. But you'd be better off accessing the database (SQL) server and creating the database directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 loppy1011

yea we are working remotely at the moment but will be givin a hard drive later soon and i was talking bout how do you tell it the path on where to put the database

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

I could be wrong on this but I think there are three ways you can do.

1) create a small database using text file.
    2) you can use ADO component to connect to *.mdb file.
    3) you can use ADO component to connect to SQL server

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

eh im not entirely sure what it is you want to know. You cant create a database with just asp. you can use text files to store things which can act as a type of database.
    this is a walkthru on creating a connection to an access DB with asp
    http://www.webwizguide.info/asp/tutorials/connecting_to_a_database.asp

Hope it helps, also Google is probably the best place to find out exactly what you want to know.

Advertisement