Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Indie/Rock Clubs

Options
  • 04-03-2003 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm moving to Dublin for the summer and was wondering if anyone has any advice on the best indie pubs and clubs in the area. I like most indie rock and esp punk (clash, distillers etc) but come out in a strange rash when exposed to crappy nu-metal.:rolleyes: Can anyone help me out??

Also was wondering about the Witnness festival. I've been to Leeds festival for the last two years and after what happenned last year will not be going again. So it's a straight choice between T in the park or Witnness. Although if Radiohead are playing then it's not going to be much of a contest. How would you describe the fest? I've heard its a lot more chilled than any of the UK ones.

Great work on Phantom FM (it almost makes final year study bearable)

Any info greatly appreciated

Cheers

Bren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

try Helter Shelter at the Temple Bar Music centre...always a good
    nite

check out :

http://homepage.eircom.net/%7Eedible/helterwebsite/frame.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

there's a few now...

theres clubs on on friday and sat in isaac butts, there's phantasam in whelans on thursday nights...there's rockers delight or something on in the globe on fridays... then there's the aforementioned helterthingum..

there's more, but i can' think of them right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azrial

Downstairs at The Oak on Dame street is rockin on a Friday and Saturday night!Definitely worth checkin out...and you would be mad to miss Witnness...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hey Bren, you say ur comin over. U arent from the land of steel are you by any chance? Just goin on your 'name'

Its just cos I am from there meself.

If this means nothing to ya, sorry ignore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Rock on the leps!!!

If this means nothing to ya, sorry ignore...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sheff

Yup I'm a sheffielder (soon to be ex sheffielder). Planning on moving over in August (initially for a year, but I may end up staying :D ) Figure I aint leaving too much behind (the leadmill has become so sh*te these days and the less said about sheff weds the better:( )

Hope to be over before that for the Witnness festival, any ideas when the line up is going to be announced?

Don't think the leps have done much 'rockin' recently :D

Cheers,

Bren

you'd be surprised. i saw them only last month in dublin and it fukin rocked!!! :D
    A childhood adventure revisited if only for a couple of hours,
    long live the adventure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

If you fancy something a bit louder, you can try
    Fibbers (Rock/Mettle/Goth/inde ect)
    Or
    Dominion(Goth/Industral/Techno/punk)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

So I was right. Good stuff, I moved over about 3 years ago and still here. Have to say I thought Sheffield should eb a good place for music especially since the NCPM was built but that didnt work out I guess.

Have to agree on the state of the Leady, I hear theyve cleaned the carpet now tho', jaysus it used to stink rotten. Not too many gigs either happnin lately. Whelans over here would be a good comparison, a better one too.

Good win the other nite for the Owls(blue and white meself), not sure if we can be saved from the drop tho :mad:

what happened to that club?
    they has gone to da sh|ts.
    you see big clubs like that drop out of top-flight and expect them to be back up within a few years but jaysus it's lookin bleak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

when's the next helter shelter on or did i miss one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

no drowner, you didnt miss one...the last one was a few weeks ago in TBMC...not sure when the next one is...maybe withnail can tell us ?

Advertisement