Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor awards

Options
  • 04-03-2003 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

there were a few honourable wins...

Mundy got the first award of the night, with best male singer
    Best album was awarded to Skylarkin, M C
    The Thrills got best new act, and Rubyhorse got the hope of 2003 award...

and six were terribly terribly embarrassing ...

alison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

and Ian Dempsey got best DJ, you seem to have forgotten that one Alison... what's all the guff about Colin Farrell? Surely George Bush's secretary of state has better things to do than present awards to baldy Bono...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

yeah... bono...

same old ****..

bono.. mumba.. westlife... the usual suspects..

the public shouldn't be allowed vote for anything, the public doesn't have a clue...

don't like rubyhorse but fair play... don't like the thrills very much but fair play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 click here

Achh, the usual inescapable pap.

This country....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlisonC

Yes but it does have to be said that it felt like the excitement about the "usual crap" is starting to be taken over by excitement for bands like the thrills, rubyhorse, the last post...

and yes I forgot to mention that Ian D won best dj!!! all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I don't think the remark that your man from the RHCP said to Colin Farrell will be broadcast tonight!

The show will be broadcast 21:10 to 23:10 on Network 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What did he say????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

it was broadcast, but one particular word was bleeped...

did he really *bleep* Britney Spears was what he asked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i watched them tonight... the comments by the chili's drummer werent on it...

just wanted to say... i dont usually moan about stuff like this at all but do those six people not get embarrassed, and has louis walsh lost his touch, cos he isnt using the old lets have a pop band singing ballads all the way to the top of the charts with these folk he's using this horrible sickly euro-pop cack ruining neil young's music... yeah but anyway, i was watching those six crew miming away and i thought to myself i wonder are they happy? anyone any answers?

yeah the miming was fairly atrocious - not to mention the choreography, now I'm no dance expert but holy jaysus... I liked Dara Whatsisname's comment about the irony in their performing 'After the Gold Rush' ... speaking of which, I wonder will they appear with Neil Young when he comes here for his very expensive gig? Methinks not somehow......

I had to laugh at Phil Babb and MacAteer presenting an award to Westlife.... about the only work Babb could get these days I suppose, and as for the other gombeen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

*choke*cough*splutter*

Jaysus!!

I just got the ticketmaster email

€105 plus charges for Neil Young!?!?!?

I mean, he's a legend and I'd love to see him but feck that, unfortunatly I have yet to experiance a gold rush.

Oh and ditto on the Six version of the song. Never have I so much wanted a stage to self destruct.

Neil, don't ever give out your copyrights again!

When will Louis realise that Six are a dead horse and it dosn't matter how many TV shows he tries to get them on to they still ain't going anywhere. Unlike all the other acts - even Westlife - Six were the only ones to mime. Fair play to Bob Geldof for playing live.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Maybe he's trying to flog a dead horse into a "crazy horse"!!

hee hee!

wasn't Samantha Mumba miming as well? It certainly sounded like it

Ì believe you're right ... one minute she's singing the words then the harmonies then the words ... quite bad actually. I believe The Thrills sang live but to a backing track. Mind you, most bands will mime as they regard TV shows as promotion and miming is the best way of ensuring that their "product" is conveyed to the audience they way that they want it to sound.

what amazes me abotu the 'live' performances is the fact that the acts just launch into a song, note perfect, when anyone who's ever been to a live gig knows there's usually a bit of strumming or floor-tom thumping before launching into a song... Mumba was definitely miming, either that or she's an incredible ventriloquist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

S. Mumba was miming
    Westlife were miming
    Six were miming
    and that P. Diddy band shouldve been miming.

whats the point?
    these bands should be put down.

the whole show was so unprofressional and that fat presenter was about as funny as lung cancer.

but ye gotta love Chad Smith.

in fairness Dara O Briain was actually quite funny on the night - the TV editing made him look like a muppet circus ringleader... what about B2K??? Laugh, I nearly died.....

Advertisement