Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary of a Pregnant Fox - Week 39 *whines pitifully*

Options
  • 04-03-2003 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

First thing im gonna do is thank and worship the father of my baby, because he has been the most patient, loving, wonderful man in the history of men. He comes home from a hard days work, and cooks dinner for me... he fetches and carries stuff, he helps me in and out of bed, he's just been amazing. And he hasn't complained (to me at least) even once :):):)

Now, the mushy stuff is over, here comes some whinging... They warned me that the last couple of weeks would be the worst... but i dont think I really believed them.

Because of my high blood pressure i have been dragged into hospital for observation and 'rest' twice.... the first time for 2 nights, the second time for 3 nights. This has many pitfalls.

Firstly, because of my loosened pelvic bones, i cannot lie/sleep on a flat bed with any amount of comfort. The first night I spent in hospital I got about 30 minutes sleep. The second night was different, because i was sooooo exhausted. So that, along with the fact that after 6am they wake you about every 15 minutes for observation, or food, or to find out if you want anything in the shop, or if you want communion, or to take your food order for the next day, or for more tests, means 'rest' isn't a concept you really understand while inside. At home, I'm set up with a configuration of pillows on the couch that means I can sleep in actual comfort. (although being on the couch and not in bed with my honey does suck)

Secondly, I appear to have developed prickly heat or something similarly itchy and rashy on many places all over my body... my thighs, my knees, my elbows, my feet... and it started first anywhere the hospital sheets were touching me...

And every day im getting bigger... apparantly after week 38 the baby puts on a POUND EVERY WEEK argh... I'm already on crutches because my legs don't work correctly due to displacement of my hips...

Both visits to the hospital however, though my blood pressure was high, all my blood tests came back perfect, the scans showed the baby was perfect, his lack of room doesn't seem to have effected the amount he moves around, there's still plenty of amniotic fluid... etc etc etc... so while I am uncomfortable and itchy, and sore, and tired, and swollen, and crabby, ultimately, the baby is happy and safe, so I'm still pretty glad he's in there :) I havent started begging to be induced yet, I would still like him to come out of his own accord. And having high blood pressure means we've gotten LOTS of scans, and that is very cool... It's wonderful to actually see his toes moving, and to watch his face turn to the scanner, frowning at being poked in the face :)

If the baby ever does decide to come out, The Butcher of Nog will probably be the first to post about it here.

Fox_in_socks
    We dont actually know still if the baby is a boy or girl, and frankly, we dont care either, i just call him 'he' cos I dont like calling him 'it'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Well first of all best of Luck with the legend with it eventually does decide to make an apperance.

My wife had similar problems with our first (5 years ago now) and was taken in with very similar circumstances. Turned out she had mild pre-aclampsya (I think that is how you spell it). In the end the stubborn little so and so stayed an extra 10 days in there and had to be 'encoraged' to make an apperance.

However it was all worth it and we were presented with a little girl. Since then we added a boy to the fold, after a very uneventful pregnancy, and are now awaiting number 3 (or the lats as I call it) dus sometime early June.

So again good luck and it really is all worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Next up sleepelss nights from baby crying :)

All we are looking forward to at the moment is Ben sleeping through the night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah you poor poor dear,

Not much fun at all is it , but it will hopefully be over soon.
    My 2nd was too weeks late and when they told me i was being brought in the next day for an induced birth i cried . The Docs was concerned asked what was wrong told her I did not want to be pregant any more.

I wish you the very best over the next while
    hope it all goes smoothly

Thaed

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Good luck! Imagine you will be able to loose close to a stone in the next few weeks. How many women are able to say that?
    Originally posted by foxinsocks
    First thing im gonna do is thank and worship the father of my baby, because he has been the most patient, loving, wonderful man in the history of men. He comes home from a hard days work, and cooks dinner for me... he fetches and carries stuff, he helps me in and out of bed, he's just been amazing. And he hasn't complained (to me at least) even once :):):)
    Ah, he just knows he'll be able to have sex again soon ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement