Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with the sound button on my Sky remote

• 04-03-2003 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has ever encountered a problem with the sound buttons on their Sky remote. For some reason a few days ago the Sound buttons stopped working on my Sky remote. at first i thought it was the Batterys but when i replaced them the sound buttons still dont work. the Volume and Mute buttons dont work at all, anyone shed any light on this????

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If you press "TV" - can u still change the TV channel using the numbers on the Sky remote (not the channels on the Sky digibox) ?

If not, sounds like your remote has somehow lost it's settings for your TV. Quite easily fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hockeyplayer

Hi,

I have pressed the TV button but this dosent get the sound buttons to work. how do i get the TV settings back????? or fix the remote????

thanks

I did a quick search on the net and found detailed instructions on this site...

http://www.tvengineers.tzo.com/public/skycodes1.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hockeyplayer

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

On a similar topic...

I have a Sony Home Cinema system. The remote for this (used to) operate the TV (also a Sony) functions up until a few days ago however it has stopped working for all TV functions with the exception of swithching the inputs (AV1 -> RGB1 -> AV2 -> etc).

Batteries have been changed but no luck with the TV functions.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

That sounds weird!

Can your home cinema remote be used as a universal remote? If so, there is a chance that it no longer thinks you have a Sony TV.

If the remote is programmable you could also just take the batteries out of the remote and leave it overnight and hope it returns to it's original settings. There may also be some type of a reset procedure for the remote mentioned in the manual.

However, on my Sony Home Cinema system - the remote can only be used to operate Sony products and is not programmable, so this may not be your problem at all (!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I don't think it can be used as a universal remote as we know it, however it sort of can if you have all Sony stuff.

Will try taking the batteries out overnight and see if that resets the remote.

By the way, the Sky+ remote can control the volume for Home Cinema systems. Can't remember the code off hand.

Yep, got my Sky+ remote to control my Sony AV receiver. It can change the volume, mute it and switch it on or off.

It's an unsupported and undocumented "feature" - but quite handy all the same! :)

Advertisement