Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Happy turnarounds

• 04-03-2003 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

I am a happy camper this morning so I thought I would vent it-

You would think that I would be sad as my bestest mate for the last thirteen years flew out to Oz for a year this morning (I am shattered. I was up at 4.30 to bring him to the airport) Anyways, when at first he told me he was off, I naturally got a bit upset about losing my best mate for a year. However, I got to thinking that I was upset for entirely selfish reasons and once the realisation hit I as delighted for him. I left the airport smiling, cos if you knew him, you'd understand how big a shift for him going to Oz is going to be.

I suppose in part I would like to impart a gem of wisdom to all those who feel upset over something right now. Ask yourself if you're upset for selfish reasons and if the answer is yes, I promise you wont be upset for long. In fact you'll laugh at yourself for being dumb.

Where was I? Oh yes. For those who tuned into my dilemma over my GF and splitting up etc, I decided to take another run at it. I figured that I have as much to lose as she does and she has taken steps to rectify her own issues. We are taking it slowly mind, as I want to make sure for definite that I am not back in for reasons of guilt.

Oh am I happy today and still struggling with the idea that I have been up for 6 hours and it's only 10.30.

Cheers-

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

good for u !!! ed pats kell on the back:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by eddhorse
    good for u !!! ed pats kell on the back:D

don't pat him too hard, he might fall over from lack of sleep!
    good luck with it Kell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Where was I? Oh yes. For those who tuned into my dilemma over my GF and splitting up etc, I decided to take another run at it. I figured that I have as much to lose as she does and she has taken steps to rectify her own issues.

Go you girlfriend.

I went out to the hazel wood,
    Because a fire was in my head,
    And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
    And hooked a berry to a thread;
    And when white moths were on the wing,
    And moth-like stars were flickering out,
    I dropped the berry in a stream
    And caught a little silver trout.

When I had laid it on the floor
    I turned to blow the fire aflame,
    But something rustled on the floor,
    And some one called me by my name:
    It had become a glimmering girl
    With apple blossom in her hair
    Who called me by my name and ran
    And faded through the brightening air.

Though I am old with wandering
    Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
    I will find out where she has gone,
    And kiss her lips and take her hands;
    And walk among long dappled grass,
    And pluck till time and times are done
    The silver apples of the moon,
    The golden apples of the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

:D;):D;):D

gwan ! *pat on back*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Cheers all for sharing in my cheer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

You're probably only getting back with her cos you lost your best friend.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmmm, sounds like where I was 4 years ago. Make sure you "protect" yourself from being dependant on those 2.
    Originally posted by Kell
    I am a happy camper this morning so I thought I would vent it-
    It's the sleep deprivation talking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

lol Type, that takes me back to secondary school english class. ;) Always liked that poem..

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

For those who tuned into my dilemma over my GF and splitting up etc, I decided to take another run at it. I figured that I have as much to lose as she does and she has taken steps to rectify her own issues. We are taking it slowly mind, as I want to make sure for definite that I am not back in for reasons of guilt.

Delighted for you Kell.... Hope everything turns out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

*yay*

• Advertisement
Advertisement