Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PCI card

• 04-03-2003 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the best PCI graphics card is atm.
    a friend bought a new dell without an agp slot.
    thx.

ShevY.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

probably the radeon 9100 or 9000, but pci graphics arent easy to come by these days
    have a look out for gf4 mx pci cards too
    the performance is pretty even(radeon better in most cases) but the cheapest is probably the best to go for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

with the above cards, could one digitise vhs tapes, i.e. does tv-out work as tv-in aswell, if you know what i mean
    errr...
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

For older titles then theres not much between a PCI GF2MX and a PCI GF4MX, though you get better 2D and DVD playback and dual monitor support with the GF4MX. Though neither is a speed demon.

The Radeon 9000's are better for newer DX8 titles, better 2D and DVD playback and dual monitor support. However older titles seem to have issues especially in 16bit with Radeons.

A lot of these cards have TV out. But TV in is whole different ball game. You can get a Radeon PCI VE that have TV in and out though I don't know anywhere that sells them. However theres lots of speciality TV in/out cards for people who want to work with video. Ultimately it would depend on your budget and what you wanted to do with the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Bear in mind that without AGP you have no AGP texturing so some games will not work

• Advertisement
Advertisement