Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hurricane

• 04-03-2003 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

What do people think of him??

I thought he was funny and entertaining at the start, remember when austin was leader of WCW etc.

Then they kind of forgot bout him, but I thought he was very funny with the rock last week, and I've read this week's dialog and agian pretty amuseing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'm a big hurricane fan, apparantly he used the vertebreaker in the wwe for the first time recently. I think he's criminally under used by the wwe, thankfully it looks like they're gonna give him a bit of a push. Rock mentioned that he was looking forward to a match with him in an interview the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I really like him. I think is in ring work is the perfect cruiswer weight pase, and as you could see in the Raw Batlle Royale last week, he has the ability to get the crowd screaming when he wants. He is one of those wrestlers that can make the simplest of things look so painful, and is gifted at selling moves.

If you really wanna see a perfect Hurricane match, watch the openning match of No Mercy 2001, when he teams up with Storm, to take on the Hardys for the WCW tag team titles. He is really amazing in that match!

HANZA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

yeah another fan of the Hurricane
    he is good on the mic and great in ring performer. seems perfect for wwe. his short run in 2002 royal rumble was brilliant (attempting a double choke slam on HHH and Austin, before the 2 of them threw him out in a matter of seconds)

I like seeing him too. He has that comic element and the best choke slam in the business :) I thought it was hilerious during the royal rumble of last year when he caught HHH and Stone Cold for a double handed choke slam . He didnt pull it off of course but it was funny to see . I would like to see him pushed but i can just see the WWE getting tired with him and another great career down the drain .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

the chatacter - while on paper isnt v. good, seems to work but as a wrestler, he was much better in wcw, at the end, the overall product was slipping, but the cruiserweight was in the early satges of a rennasiance - he was getting a solid push as sugar shane helms and was really going places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The return of the rock shows just how much the new guys need an experienced mike man to work with. Hurricane essentially had nothing to do, but the vignettes with the Rock really gave him something to play off, with someone who understands that putting over a comic bit doesn't necessarily have to be cringeworthy.

Hurricane: "What superpowers? The tiny ding-a-ling?"
    Rock (slapping his thigh) "EASY Big Fella!"

No mugging for the camera either.

I love the Rock.

Advertisement