Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed compaq armada 7400

• 04-03-2003 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

ive to reinstall the os .. not to bad apart from the lack of a built in flopy . not to bad i thought go into bios and select boot from cd.

my problom is i cant get into the bios .
    its a french laptop
    the keyboard isnt anything ive seen b4 on laptops
    ive allready tried ( what i think is delete ) f2 f1 f9 f10

the computer is booting up into windows but the screen dosnt move past the win 98 logo for the boot up i can hear the boot up into windows from the speakers but nothn

if you can give any help why the screen isnt moving past that section or know how to get into the bios it would be a gr8 help thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

This might be the solution: when laptop is powered on, you should get flashing white block in top right hand corner of screen - press F10 at this point and you should get into BIOS.

If your keyboard's an "azerty" and you want "qwerty" you might want to get a replacement - there are 3rd party replacements out there, hopefully for the model you have. Did find a supplier for Compaq keyboards last year, but have mislaid the link. found this one now though: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/priorityelectronics/20comar74rep.

/MK.

Advertisement