Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacCague asks for cost cutting

• 04-03-2003 1:56pm

GAA President Sean McCague has reiterated that county boards will have to cut costs to avoid plunging further into debt.

He said that it would be unrealistic for players to expect expensive holidays when county boards were faced with serious financial problems.

“Obviously, we have got to look at cutting costs not just in the area of county teams, but right across the Association,” he warned.

“We can't continue indefinitely with 19 counties claiming that they are already in debt.

“We want to treat our players to the maximum, but somewhere along the line someone is going to have to cry halt unless this is a once-off where a team wins an All-Ireland for the first time.

“But in counties where there is regular success at All-Ireland level in hurling or football, they certainly couldn't afford that level of expenditure on a regular basis,” he added..

this is living prove that the GAA are a bunch of W*nkers. €2m/match in croker, players not been played and yet the gaa are cash strapped???? a f*cking joke. They lied about coughing up money for kilkennys trip to south africa and all the criticism guinness is recieving yet they coughed up more then the association. Looking after their well wishers is all the c*nts are doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Actually they are cash strapped. The government never delivered on a promise of funding for Croke Park Development, but the GAA had already done the work so they are now €70m approx in debt. Don't get me wrong I dop not normally back up the GAA, and do agree that it is poorly run, but I am afraid this one is down to the goverment. The grant was conditional on the GAA using the Stadium Ireland a certain amount of times a year to make the project worthwhile, but since the Stadium Ireland is no longer viable the government are saying that the GAA are going to have to reapply for all the grants.

damn and blast that croke park development, they were mean f*ckers before ever croke park was being developed.

dont get me wrong the government are indeed another pack of robbers, but the "us first" attitude of the gaa is disgraceful. if im being honest they dont deserve another penny. you'd actually swear they paid the whole holiday fund last year for kilkenny when in fact they only paid a fifth. guinness, eamon dunphys fund raising event, and many kilkenny based companys such as duggan steel etc paid for the majority of that holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

well its obvoious that soon or later the GAA are gonna have to let other sports e.g. Soccer to be played in croake park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Can't believe you quoted the man's name and spelt it wrong in the thread title. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Thats alright Tipp, I think we all new who you were talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Yeah ricardo...dont be so petty

Advertisement