Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Pic

• 04-03-2003 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Jesus this board is really quiet lately. Take a look at this (attached image), its my sub project in its current state.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Very nice sub, what'd you use? quad patches? nurbs?
    Pottering about with some GTA3 modeling myself... gack it's tricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I used 3D Max, no nurbs or any of the new age hippy crap :) just regular polygon modelling. Used a few lofts here and there, a few boolean subtractions, some raytraced textures, volume lights etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

sweet deal sub ... but can it touch its nose with its tongue????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

my sub can.. unfortunatly that's all it can do and it ended up sinking.... but it was all in good fun!

Originally posted by ThrAx
    I used 3D Max, no nurbs or any of the new age hippy crap :) just regular polygon modelling. Used a few lofts here and there, a few boolean subtractions, some raytraced textures, volume lights etc etc
    Aha!
    Yep - can't beat the sheer tidyness of polymoddling.
    It's just that it looks so smooth, nice curves... did you meshsmooth? or is it just clever texturing?
    I love the funky curves of editable quad patches, but it gets quite messy.
    Are you keeping it as a max project? or is that sub making its way into a game of some sort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Its going to go into a short avi clip for college. We recently started our end of year project which is based on a medeival theme. I'm the head of the graphics team so you can be sure it will look very pretty :)

I think we should have a CG Art board tbh beacuse this isn't really a game is it?

Yeah, I know there's a good few people into dabbling with 3d stuff around here, although I think the Art/Anim board covers CG stuff aswell... but this board generally talks more about modelling than art/anim.
    <<shrugg>>

Advertisement