Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville news (04/03/2003)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

YUM YUM, cant wait to see this episode, sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Should be cool alright, I think it is episode 17 of season 2.

J.
    --

Oh wow wow wow!

I watched the CR episode, and it was without doubt the best Smallville episode I've seen.

I'll add a few SPOILER thoughts soon, but in the meantime, TWOP have a funny review of this and all the other Smallville episodes.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=81

J.
    --

I must not read!!!
    I must not read!!!
    I must...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Woah! Theres a Smallville board! I didn't realise anyone watched that! Is that Sci-Fi?
    No offence, I'm not here to annoy anyone, I'm just expressing my surprise at the fact that there ARE obviously a handful of people who are easily entertained by shallow, boring, badly acted, poor effects, cringing plot and characters, low budget, B-series'.
    As if the New Adventures of Superman weren't bad enough, I really though genuine Superman followers would be apalled at the travesty that is: Smallville. It's obviously just a cheap and desperate way to make money. There is only ONE Superman: Christopher Reeve; Not "I'm so muscular and georgeous, maybe I'll be a model when this tacky series has ran its course" Dean Cain.
    Just my opinion though- again; I'm not looking to start sh*t, just my humble opinion.
    I will leave now and never return.

• Advertisement

That's Christopher Reeve dude, Reeves was the other Superman :) Oh well, amazingly enough the movies weren't true to the original comics either, so who's the real deal? In fact, I think that Smallville may be closer in spirit to the comics...

Rosetta has to be my favourite Smallville episode so far after Hourglass!

Well, when I heard Christopher Reeve was going to appear in the episode, I didn't expect that it would be so well thought out...

What were the things that amazed me most about the episode:
    • Maybe it was a dream, but we can see the potential here for future flight sequences, no off-camera Lois and Clark flying effects here - it was the real deal (or as real as it gets for us anyway!).
    • Okay, the use of the Superman the Movie music - wow! Not just the main theme from the film, but the sub-themes were used too when Clark and Jonathan were readying to open the ship. I had a look at the credits at the end to see was there a mention of John Williams, but they fly by so fast on the shrunken right hand side of the screen, no joy.
    • When I heard the Superman music, I sort of expected that Clark came from a goody goody -El family as in the movies, but they really kept true to the spirit of the comics in this one, with the people from Krypton not so admirable.
    • The download sequence - how cool was that? Flowing out of that diamond / logo-shaped hole in the wall. And it got rid of Professor Smarm as well, even better.
    • I enjoyed the Virgil Swann meeting, set up through e-mail (wasn't the ISP company digitalwave.com? vswann@digitalwave.com and ckent@digitalwave.com?). Liked the Man of Tomorrow reference too!

More as I think of it!

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Eh? I use the Smallville skin too and can't see it.

I cant read it either, but I'm just using the default skin (which when you come to this board becomes the smallville skin) so maybe there is a difference between the default smallville skin and the smallville skin choosable from the user cp.

On another slightly unrelated point, I dont want to read it either, but its very tempting...

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Smallville is just a new way of packaging Dawsons Creek

Advertisement