Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone like Netscape?

Options
  • 04-03-2003 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I just want to know this....

Does anyone like Netscape??

I for one am sick and tired of it. I fail to see why it still exists.

Rgrds,
    A.

I dislike Netscape 22 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

usin mozilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Netscape sucked once it hit version 4. I really really put up with so much from it but eventually gave up. I used Opera for a while too but some sites just didn't want to work with it.

Mozilla is good, I need to download the latest version. I had an early memory hogging version but it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I don't mind version 7, but Mozilla is a lot better in my opinion. I quite like Opera 7, and like the tabbed windows in both (yes, I know Opera had them first, and I prefer the way it keeps them at the bottom).

I tend to use IE most cause it starts faster, and I'm lazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i use mozilla 1.21 on xp & it takes about 10 seconds to save a file, supremely annoying , anyone know how to optimise it ??
    i don't think i'm short on ram cos IE and other programs have no such problems ...bahhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah, saving a page or 'saving target/image as'
    anyway, i've discovered the problem, in tools -> download manager it keeps an entry of all these save events, and mine was massive, it's probably a compressed file hence taking so long writing to
    maybe
    anyway it's all good now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've always used Netscape. 4 tried my patience something awful sometimes, and 6 was alright, but 7 is pretty damn fine, tabbed browsing is cool, the mail-client has had some nice improvements, it's stable as hell, and the downloads manager is sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I only use Netscape to test layouts I create because there are LOTS of people who do use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal

I tend to use IE most cause it starts faster, and I'm lazy :)

i think IE is already stored in your memory? so thats why it starts faster, you can do the same with mozilla anyway

edit>pref>advanced>keep in memory

starts up quicker than IE then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Netscape 4 is ****e.

mozilla is nice, keeps getting faster with later versions. 1.3 final is almost out. Although under Windows XP, i tend to use IE because it's loaded in memory already (i know you can do the same with mozilla but hate having memory taken up by 2 browsers). Also under Linux i tend to use Konqueror web browser, even when under GNOME rather than KDE. Konqueror is faster and does a smoother job of rendering a lot of pages, no wonder Apple decided to adopt it for Safari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭Stark

By the way that poll is confusing, it asks the question in the negative (do you dislike netscape). Nearly hit No by accident (no i don't like netscape).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

The difference between versions 4, 6 and 7 of Netscape are immense. There is almost no comparison between the Mozilla based browsers (Use Mozilla 1.2.1 mainly) and NS 4.x

I'm personally getting fed up of NS4 getting all quirky on me, but I'd use it over IE any day if Mozilla wasn't available.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

i like netscape over IE anyday but not quite as much as I like Opera.

Advertisement