Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threads appearing twice on opening screen.

• 04-03-2003 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

Screen.jpg

Problem ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

The list on the front page shows the last 20 posts, not threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Righto Reg, just though that the Smallville news one appearing twice there as a new was a bit odd...
    Latest 20 Threads from All Forums

Threw me off a bit :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Something like this happened before due to an inconsistency in the database, but that isn't happening here (unless someone fixed it since you posted). I can't reproduce the problem either by hand querying the database or subscribing to the forum and checking the subbed forum page. Since there's only one thread repeated there, I'm calling it a freak until someone can give me more evidence to go on ...

If it was last 20 posts (which it isn't, I'm looking at the code in front of me) then showing the same post twice would still be a bug ...

The query grabs the last 20 threads in order of the date of the last post on each thread and matches the last poster and matches it with the same username in the user table (slightly ambiguous maybe, but you get the idea).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Simple answer, there were two threads - I deleted one :)

• Advertisement

Actually, that would explain why the threads didn't appear consecutively in the list as they're ordered on the date which wouldn't have changed if we were actually seeing the same thread twice (which struck me as odd but I obviously didn't think about it properly).

I'm never getting those 10 minutes back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

easy answers are the best, sorry bout the ten minutes Ecksor.

Would the same answers apply to the Carlow It one then ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement