Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours - Mods

Options
  • 04-03-2003 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I just noticed there's only Monty doing moderating on After Hours. We've got someone doing a spot of pimping for the past hour, getting lots of nice free hits, and not coughing up any spondooliks.

In fairness to Monty, he can't be online 24/7 - so I'm suprised to see nobody giving the man a hand. Had we got someone there before with him? I can't remember..

In any case, isn't it time to add a 2nd/3rd Mod to it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I agree, Monty is doing a good job, single handedly, but it is time someone else gave him a helping hand..... but who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I nominate Mountjoy Mugger since he was the only one who could be arsed to start the thread.

Too much work for my tastes but if he wants to do it then fair play!

Though monty might have to change his name... "The one and only" bit i mean if someone else helps him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

More pimping going on here . They must be out for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Well why doesnt monty get a helper....not a mod....but a regular poster with only the power to edit/move posts on the board....just to help him out...

mini-mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

But that would make it

Monty the one and mini.

It just makes no sense.

Tis thure that Monty does a v. good job. (Yeah Monty:D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Maybe one of the mods should be given admin rights so they can tackle someone like todays spammer when he posts in multiple places.

Give them super-mod status to do it. Maybe even give two or three super-mod status so that while the admins are away and the muppets are at play someone can still act.

Just have a guideline that 2 mods in the mod forum have to say yes to clean and temp ban someone and only then can a super-mod go and do their work. And to be unbiased a super-mod cannot vote on a deletion and banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

If I wasn't in work I'd love to click on that. :P

Advertisement