Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of Phantoms message board

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Oh my god Raggamuffin! Did you see that!?! She just called you a kid and questioned you're algebraeic abilities! Get her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by the snitch
    maybe listening to phantom for you is a bit like being in a beginners class when you're well advanced.

having a different taste in music (whether it's elitist for the sake of it, or whatever) does not indicate whether a person is more or less advanced than other people's taste or not. unless, of course, your taste in music is solely and completely dictated to by mainstream industry figures (although it is interesting how closely elitist and kiddy pop music 'lovers' kind of meet at this point.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hear hear, o sleep

oh by the way, i got some more low stuff if you want it
    the xmas cd, and the curtain hits the cast.
    email me if u want it!

Where was there even a hint of elitism in the snitch's post? There's a difference between music knowledge and music taste. You can't teach taste but you can teach knowledge, hence the class analogy.

Or maybe it's just Raggamuffin bashing week. Where's my stick? :)

Yes, but knowledge of music is essentially irrelevant when it comes to appreciating music. how does knowing (say) all the albums steve albini recording during a given period help to appreciate music better? Even knowing the labels that artists are on is dubious in its benefits, as except for a couple of record labels, their output is patchy at best. That remark wasn't intended for raggamuffin, btw. raggamuffin bashing, or bashing directed at anyone else is kind of pointless. we're all pseudonyms after all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

again with the steve albini
    osleep, i'm not going to get drawn in to some discussion that was had at way back. i said me bit back then and if you want, look it up. i also apologised if i offended the innocent at the time.
    i think now you're reading into this current post
    its not barbed, nor was it intended for someone else other than raggamuffin and pete, maybe i should have emailed them personally...or just shut me mouth

Originally posted by o sleep
    Yes, but knowledge of music is essentially irrelevant when it comes to appreciating music. how does knowing (say) all the albums steve albini recording during a given period help to appreciate music better? Even knowing the labels that artists are on is dubious in its benefits, as except for a couple of record labels, their output is patchy at best.

Agreed
    Originally posted by o sleep
    raggamuffin bashing, or bashing directed at anyone else is kind of pointless. we're all pseudonyms after all

Disagree. :) Everybody enjoys a good Raggamuffin bashing. Go on, try it! You know you want to! :) And not with those soft cushy foam bats, oh no! You want a big stick. A deathmatch in a cage would be even better! With rusty chainsaws and wooden mallets. Yeah!

snitch: i'm sorry for bringing up steve albini to further my point, but searching the boards records, I found the discussion you were probably referring to ... something like eight months ago. I have no recollection of this post, so it wasn't a case of 'again with steve albini' and there was no intention of referring to an eight month old post (bcos that would be a little bit creepy). if your post was intended solely for the attention of raggamuffin and pete, then, yes, you probably should've just e-mailed them yourself, or at least not be surprised when you post in on a public board and (gasp) someone responds.

Advertisement