Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

• 04-03-2003 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

ok here's the problem. my dad recently got the bug bear virus off one of his clients and as im in his address book, it got sent to me aswell. (its sent to everyone in one's address book and lies quiet for 14 days and then wreaks your system). so i looked for it and found it and i got rid of it. however, about 20 minutes later i installed an antivirus scanner and ran a scan. it said that explorer.exe had been destroyed by a virus (cant remember the name) and that the same had happened to javaclient.exe. then that virus scanner crashed and some other things did so i rebooted. except from then on, when ever i start up the pc, all that appears is the task bar, the time and the background. and it takes about 10 mins or so for all the other program icons in the tray and all the folders etc on the desktop to appear. AND if i eg opened my computer, it just goes to not responding and wont work that happens with a good few folders and even with that it still takes AGES for anything to load up, even the start menu... so PLEASE help me!!!!
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

ok ive just been told that the reason everythings all slow and the like at startup is probably because the explorer.exe file was destroyed. if that is true...is there any way i can get it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,807 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

http://www.symantec.com

look there at the security response bit, there should be a tool that gets rid of the bug bear virus

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

This is an old page that has no link to it anymore but is still on the server, might help

http://www.elara.ie/bugbear.htm

Advertisement