Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice period i-stream

Options
  • 04-03-2003 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, i'm going to have to move apartment in a couple of months time (flatmate emigrating, and dont fancy living with a total stranger) .

I'm currently an i-stream solo customer and am worried about the contract terms.

On moving are Eircom going to land me me with a massive bill (ie the duration of the yearly contract) or can i give notification and only be charged for the remainder of my stay at the current address.

Am strapped atm , and the though of a massive bill just leaves me feeling ill, as of course i'm going to try to find somewhere that i can get broadband back again..and signing up and getting connected was massively expensive in the first place..

Anybody moved from somewhere that had i-stream ? or know how much moving is going to set me back?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

I know a guy who was in the same situation as yourself a few months back. Eircom disconnected him without having to pay the remaining charge. As far as I know, he signed up again at his new residents, if that made a diff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks peterd, thats reassuring me a little bit (hoping they do the same here).

Anyone know the official eircom stand on moving if your in the middle of a i-stream contract?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I was assured that if I moved during the term of the contract, moved my phone number to the new address and they couldn't give me DSL there then there would be no charge.

I'm more concerned at the moment at what will happen if I take i-stream now (I start a new teleworking contract on monday) and then try to change it for the cheaper product. Eircom can't (or won't) tell me what that will cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

There should be no problem. If your new place cant take DSL then its eircoms problem. Eircom generally dont fucck over good customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Is there a release date pinned down for the release of RDSL from Eircom?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Ardmore

Originally posted by TinCool
    Is there a release date pinned down for the release of RDSL from Eircom?
    No. Rest assured that it will be all over these boards when anyone finds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats great news , thanks!
    If in the new location, it is adsl capable, will they install the adsl phone box at a regular connection price (ie pots) or will i be paying another €200 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

They might look for a new install fee. Try haggle with them.

On moving from istream to the cheaper package....

I got no assurances from the DSL product manager. He absolutely refused to give any pricing or details on conditions of moving from the istream product to a cheaper product. In other words if you buy from eircom now, they will not tell you what you will pay to switch to cheaper DSL once ComReg agree the wholesale price.

Any existing istream customers been told anything?

They might look for a new install fee.

Damn Straight they will...

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt20.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement