Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter is default sizein all apps.Why?

Options
  • 05-03-2003 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I can't be the only one where all the apps. with a print option default to Letter which is a U.S. paper size. I can reset it but the nesxt time I go there it has again defaulted to Letter. I'm talkin I.E.6 , Works 6, OE. I have been to the conrole panel and printer but it stll resets. By the way I do'nt have a printer so have to carry me doc,s out of the house and print them else where which actually makes it doubly important that I format in A4, or else page breaks etc go awry.
    Thanks
    mgbgt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Check that your system locale is set to English (Ireland), and if that doesn't help, perhaps try installing a dummy printer (something generic like a HP DeskJet or something) and set it as the default printer and set the paper size to A4.

Mind you, if it's just Word you're saving stuff from (e-mails/web pages don't matter when transfering) then go into Page Setup, set the paper to A4 and press the Default button. This should usually do it.

Advertisement