Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New website, need writers

• 05-03-2003 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a website that require some content. I have spent my time building the site (and others) and have not had the time to write for it on a regular basis so it is lacking in anything interesting at the moment.

I have set it up with several topics including TV, Movies and Music. I was hoping some people who post to this board would be interested in writing TV or Movie reviews. They can bve about anything that you think others would be interested in reading about.

I am still working on the site but the basic funtionality is there for adding articles etc.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for improvement I'd love to hear them as my main interest is in the coding of the site.

So please, if you would like to write for The Web Entity , post here, PM me or mail me at entity@thewebentity.com ,

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Maybe you could convince the Moviedude to write for you...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Well, his reviews do seem to provoke a lot of debate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i would love to give this a try. i no experience in writing but would love to give this a try.i would love to the do the TV section perhaps on a trial basis.

just a question though would i be rquired to write one every week or just when i have have enought content to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ill throw in my hat for a bit of writing. I watch movies every wkend lately so at least ill be current :D

That's great Irishgeo, you can write for any section you like and as often as you like. The idea is to get as many contributors as possible so there would be a constant stream of new content.

I am working on a Writers Setup page where writers can register their details for logging on etc but for the moment I can set you up manually just mail me or pm me with a username, password and what name you would like to appear next to your articles.

Thanks again,

Tom

• Advertisement

Excellent Gone Shooting, this is a good start :) Can you send me the same details as above aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'll go for that too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

yep count me in, I've no experience but i'd love to get into writing movie/music reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I might do it too. I used to do reviews for my college paper (well, more of a newsletter) and a couple of fanzines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd reconsider those menus/categories on the left.

Use smaller ones. Perhaps something that looks more like a menu and ties together, instead of just words/font.

It's a wee bit messy the way it looks now.

• Advertisement

I agree. The front end is in a stage of transition. Once I start getting some content I will look at a major redesign , the menu bar is first on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Coolio, good luck on the site, enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

The design is hurting my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

id write for the movie reviews if u need.....mail bentonio88@hotmail.com

Thanks JustHalf, for your constructive criticism...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Looks it'll be quite a site when you get it up and running. Would like to write for it but.... can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Tom
    Thanks JustHalf, for your constructive criticism...
    No problem.

To be constructive, try to be a lot SIMPLER in your fonts. Those are far too - well, ugly. Try using Arial or Verdana, and get rid of the drop shadows.

The interface on the left hand side is at least twice as high as it should be. Shrink it down. People shouldn't have to use a scroll bar on a 1024x768 display just to navigate your site.

You have seven main colours: black, white, grey, dark blue, very bright blue, pink, dark red. Shrink this count down. Try using the same blue across the page (or at least different blues that seem to be part of the same range). Get rid of that pink. Blue and pink don't work well together.

There, that's constructive.

Thanks again JustHalf, all points are noted.

I have been offered some help with the design of the site which I have gratefully accepted as my interest lies in making the asp code/sql code running behind.

But please keep throwing ideas/criticisms my way as I want this site to be one which keeps people coming back,

Tom

Advertisement