Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angle Out Of Wrestlemania??

• 05-03-2003 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

angle was told he needs surgury on his neck and fast
    spoiler
    so the Brock V Angle match will be brought forward to next week
    so he could lose the title ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

no NO NOONONO!

I was really looking forward to that Wrestle Mania Match. I hope they dont give the title to Hogam or someone **** to defend agenst Angle. Give it Taker or.... MYSTERIO!

I was told that Angle will fight at Wrestle Mania, then pack it in for 4 years, due to the neck injury and the Olympics.

Why are all the good, talented stars (NO! NOT Randy Orton) getting screwed up at the moment.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

there is only one way to salvage wrestlemania for the smackdown brand

Lesnar vs Benoit

or Lesnar vs Benoit vs Eddie

of as a final thought they could do this

mini-tournament at wrestlemania

Eddie vs Lesnar
    Benoit vs Chavo
    Benjamin vs Haas

winners face each other for title in a 3 way dance:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is it just me or since the workload has been cut from two to one televised shows per week the injuries have been coming in hard and fast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

It's just you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Angle's injury was sustained over the South African tour, as was Batista and Orton (who I think is pretty good!) and also Bubba-Ray's injury(nothing serious). The last three men were injured in the same tag match.

According to Smackdown spoilers however............................

Angle was taking lots of bumps in the main event, and seems able to work through the pain. So as long as he doesn't wrestle between now and WrestleMania, but just lays out Brock with chairshots and ankle-locks for the next few weeks, we should have our main - event!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

It seems to me that its about time that some of the guys look at the style that they work. And some fans stop chanting boring at different styles!

Phelim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Ive been reading that Angle WILL take part in Wrestlmania and risk it all.. there are talks rhat angle will be forced to retire after WMania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

:eek:<NOOOOOO!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Phelim 3:16
    It seems to me that its about time that some of the guys look at the style that they work. And some fans stop chanting boring at different styles!

Phelim

Most of the wrestlers that get "boring" chanted at them don't have a style: Big Show, A-Train. These "wrestlers" ARE boring. Why should fans have to put up with crap like that? How will WWE ever realise, if people don't voice their opinions?

Then you have Regal; who is so awkward, his "style" clashes with anyone he wrestles. Notice the way JR says at the start of every Regal match: "Should be an interesting contrast of styles here". I.E. Regals low impact, chicken posture, awkward style vs someone who can actually wrestle.
    Aaaah, remember that classic 'Dutchess of Queensbury' match that we were all treated to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

i`m not talking about A-Train and Big Show here. We have all heard boring chants when wrestlers are taken to the ground. The fact is that most wrestling fans have been wrongly educated that every match needs four german suplexes, hurricanranas and huge bumps through tables to be of any value. the result of this is that:

1. All new wrestlers think that they need to do this crazy **** to get over and for the most part they are right
    2. Dangerous moves lose all meaning. A German suplex should be a finisher not a damn transition move. When multiple chair shots (to the head!) are kicked out of it makes any other chair shots seem routine. If a guy can kick out of that then you need some crazy spot to actually pin him.
    3. Other less exciting moves get branded as boring. What ever happened to the DDT? It used to be that it was a finisher that was rarely ever kicked out of. Now it is worth nothing, its hardly even a transition move.
    4. most worringly, wrestlers now get injured alot more than they used to and alot worse. Look at the list of wrestlers who have suffered potentially career threatening injuries in the last 3 years. The list is frightening! Does anyone remember how good Jeff Hardy used to be. He was the new "HBK"! Now he is broken down and basically finished as a wrestler of any worth.

Instead of crazy spots, all you need is timing. The two best examples of this are Ric Flair and The Rock. neither do flashy dangerous moves and neither have ever really got seriously injured. But their timing is so good that they look good and their matches are always entertaining. Its not what you do, its when you do it, and how you do it!

Apologies for the rant...
    Phelim

• Advertisement
Advertisement