Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

network unlock codes

• 05-03-2003 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Are mobile phone shops obliged to give you the network unlocking codes for your old mobile phones. I’ve asked in a Vodafone shop in Galway if they can unlock an old 086, they said to go to O2, who said they can’t do it. Surely it’s my property and they’re obliged to give me the codes?

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Only if you have spent x amount
    ususlly 130 (inc free call credit)

you bought the phone at a subsidised price,
    Once you buy something you are entering in a contract (doesn't have to be written)

so to them you've entered in a contract to say that phone will be locked untill you spend X amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's a pay-as-you-go phone that is about three years old. Surely enough money has been spent on it by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

probably
    but the O2 shop dont do that though
    ring 02 about it

if they still say no
    ask them :
    How much credit have you spent on the sim card
    What is their minimum you have to spend on teh phone before unlocked etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 namit_coro

surely there is a way to unblock it yourself does anyone know how to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MOR04

ill unlock your phone for u.Just send me on the imei

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

There are several threads in the mobiles/pda forum on how to unlock phones. If it's a Nokia then it's a piece of p*ss to do yourself. Other makes are covered in the threads in the mobile forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MOR04

well why didnt u just tell him 2 do that then

Advertisement