Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelancer

Options
  • 05-03-2003 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried this yet ?
    I got the demo and it was looking good until it rebooted my box :/

pity its a windows only jobbie otherwise I'd be half interested in trying it on games2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

well, it's a cute little game. Fun to play, but nothing deep. In MP you can just do random missions or trade. That's it. My brother as well as myself thought about buying it. Bro wanted to run a server, but it's w32 only. No serving for linux.

Besides, I ran a few home-tests. Pretty nasty fecker. The game as well as the server try to "phone home" all the time, no matter what you tell it. Even if you explicitly tell it to NOT phone home, it still does.

This leads me to the conclusion: Games + Microsoft = Bad
    Thus: Microsoft = Bad - Games (Quod Erat Demonstrantum)

cya
    - Flash

p.s.: all in all I can say "don't waste your money on this game"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

been playing it for two weeks and have to say was impressed with the graphics at the start of the game.
    Some extremely annoying elements while visiting bases..you'll find out..
    but the game gets extremely tedious and repetitive after some missions..it's all ...'seek and destroy' .. find somebody there and blast it outerspace.
    so i am playing it less and less...apparently after the missions you can continue doing the 'Freelance' bit .. but before that happends i probably crashed into a moon while falling asleep behind the flightstick..during one of the seek again and destroy again missions.

buy it in budget i'd say

Advertisement