Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options for Tallaght???

Options
  • 05-03-2003 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm wondering what broadband options are available for me in Tallaght, apart from NTL(as they appear to not want to install http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83121&pagenumber=2). Eircom i'm not intrested in in with 3gb cap(even if it for 54 euro), anyone using Leap, IBB, Irishwisp in Tallaght area??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Bits of Tallaght could be covered according to the Irishwisp Map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

yeh i've had a look at the map, not very clear, no problem in seeing transmitters on three rock, suppose I could chance my arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

NTL cable 512/128 with crackig contention ratios because noone else has it,its costs €35 but thats about it :(

Poor Tallaght people :(

kdjac

as i said ntl is not an option, live in a small cul de sac, one side of the road has access to ntl cable internet access my side doesnt, and according to nTL even if next door neighbour had access, doesnt mean I'll be able to get it ):

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

get a neighbour to get it maybe u front the costs or pay half, then set up a wireless network and u have broadband access, might cost a little extra but would be cheaper in longrun i should expect

baz

• Advertisement

leap are sending someone out next week to do LOS test, they think there should be no problems using the threerock transmitter. there may be hope after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

lucky :D

baz

Advertisement