Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion - Boot Rabies from all postings on Boards

Options
  • 05-03-2003 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Rabies has hacked into my account.

And not only that but he has posted under my name (not spam mind you).

He maybe a good pal of mine, but this is unforgiven.

Admins, I suggest he be thought a lesson, and be blocked from all postings on Boards.ie
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

is this going to be like the "Should Azezil be removed as mod" thread.
    If ya started a poll you might have got a better response :D

Its not as if i went and caused trouble with your account.....even though the taught did cross my evil mind

come on, when i started the thread in the afterhours board i even said it was me.... was just a bit of fun....

i also sent you a pm to tell you to change it.... if i could get it then anyone can :rolleyes:

lets start a ban rabies campaign*.......

*don't ban me.... i'm really really really really really sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

drama queens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Rabies you really are such a muppet. First of all to attempt to break in and succed to somebody elses account. And then to start a new thread and start boasting about!! Tell me you were pissed or stoned. But I say ban ye for a week (If it was up to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Here here! clean up boards.ie once and for all. Firstly, Rabies, then all the dyslexics! we shall indeed "succed" !!!

[and from previous experience, I must point out that yes, that was indeed sarcasm *sigh* ]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So let me see.... you left your account lying around and Rabies used it and he's a mate of yours and you want US to punish him?

How about "dont be so feckin' thick to leave your account logged in you complete mupp..."

This Boards.ie not some nanny-site :)

DeV.

ps: Bold Rabies! Grrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by DeVore
    So let me see.... you left your account lying around and Rabies used it and he's a mate of yours and you want US to punish him?

How about "dont be so feckin' thick to leave your account logged in you complete mupp..."

DeV.

Dev have a look at this and it should clear it up (Notice the bit about the 2 tries to get the PW). IMO even if he had left his PC logged in and he being a current subscriber to boards, and he having spotted this (i.e. Rabies) he should have done the right thing and logged out. I Don't think that it was a case of 'leaving your account lying around'. It was a deliberate attempt by Rabies to Hack the account. So yes bold bold boy. But ffs way out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

So what was your password then?

Slim? Rains? Tennessee? Elvis? King? Tupelo?

Nashville? I_love_country_music?:)

Originally posted by DeVore

DeV.

He didn't leave his account lying around. I just taught i would try and guess it, and it worked.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Am I correct in thinking that this is not a case of "not logging out" on a pc?

Also...... this

What’s the story with "logging out of this persons account"?

Do you know devine to? Or are you second guessing peoples passes?

I know it looks bad right now but I didn't guess that persons password. I was logged in, then logged out and refreshed as normal. Then i was logged in as devine. Can't see how? I taught all cookies are cleared when a user logs out?
    I'm innocent regards that matter.
    Originally posted by Hobart
    It was a deliberate attempt by Rabies to Hack the account.
    yes it was...

I wasn't expecting such a big thing over this. At least i told him it was me in a PM and told him to change it.

• Advertisement

Shoudnt have posted bragging about it then really tbh.
    True.... just wasn't expecting to get it, was a bit of a shock

Don't think i have much more to say on this thread.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I bet they are the same person

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Originally posted by Karoma
    Here here! clean up boards.ie once and for all. Firstly, Rabies, then all the dyslexics! we shall indeed "succed" !!!

[and from previous experience, I must point out that yes, that was indeed sarcasm *sigh* ]

Thats discrimination that is. Dyslexics of boards.ie untie, we shall cast off our oppressers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Well, I got a bit of notice for this!!

I'm happy now, just next tme when your bored Rabies, keep the f*ck away from my account.

Jokes over, I've had my pay back.

And, DeV, I was simply giving Rabies a taste of his own medicine, I didn't think you'd take me serious when I requested that he be banned. It was my own fault in a way for using such an obvious password,.... which he hacked.... I wasn't logged in!!

Anyhow, Rabies got his punishment!!! haha

:p:p:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

People's time wasted? On boards.ie?? I've never heard of such a despicable act!!

Ban the pair of them for wasting everyones time.

Sorry, but I thought that was what boards.ie was for? For waststing your time?

I mean if ya didn't waste time posting here, what would ya do with your time??

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Originally posted by memphis
    Sorry, but I thought that was what boards.ie was for? For waststing your time?

I mean if ya didn't waste time posting here, what would ya do with your time??

:D

I dont know.

why dont you go find out?

Then you can come back and tell us about all the Zany wonderful practical jokes you and your college buddies have played on one another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by Azezil:

drama queens :rolleyes:
    I couldn't agree more....

Firstly, memphis, I can't believe that you freaked out over what was a very very innocent use of your account. Using the thread you yourself linked, we can clearly see that

a) Rabies mentioned that it was him, and not you posting

b) He highlighted an important point about account security.

c) He demonstrated to you that in future, you should try to use an alphanumeric password (or at least something not easy to guess). He sent this to you in a PM, to ensure receipt.

I mean... I was at a LAN in CyberMart recently, I went afk for about two minutes, left myself logged into boards and found that one of the lads had made three postings under my account. The posts (all new threads) started with something like "Just to tell you I really like teh girls, they are teh win". Fortunately they were posted in the boards which I moderate (so I could delete them quickly), but all in all I thought it was very mild, and in fact had a laugh about it later.

Now I could have thrown a hissy fit, demanding that the culprit(s) in question be banned - especially since I mod some pretty serious boards, and trolling on those boards is frowned upon. People could have been banned/unbanned etc. The reason I didn't is because no harm was done. I just have to remember to logout any time I leave my computer switched on. Not that difficult, really.

If Rabies really meant to troll on your account, there would not be a chance that he would mention his real nick. He would also probably spam goatse url's or make similar postings, probably in boards you don't read.
    Originally posted by memphis:

I didn't think you'd take me serious when I requested that he be banned
    So why did you request it? Were you expecting sympathy that someone h4x0r3d your account? Or were you simply trying to "get rabies back" by complaining to DeV about it. Regardless, I think it's quite petty. Whatever business you have to sort out with Rabies, I suggest you sort it out in private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Close this thread. It's annoying me.

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan
    Close this thread. It's annoying me.

I agree with ya there too, its also beginning to annoy me and I was the creater of it.

And swiss, just to point out a few things in relation to your above post, I didn't freak out, i made it look like I was freaking out, it was my way of simply paying rabies back, if you read through my previous postings you would see that.

Another thing I said was I had my joke, i.e. it over now. So please stop just forget about it, I have!!!

by the way, we are all true muppets in Tipp Inst, but someone loves us, right Azezil???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

/me slaps on a fake beard and slips out quietly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

All well and good Swiss...... but said person has been having a good laugh talking about Your PM's.
    I usually delete my PM's after reading them. The ones I keep usually relate to something to which I need to refer, such as a modding issue.

That said though, I take your point, and I wouldn't expect the person(s) in question to read my PM's tbh. That's not harmless.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread closed for sucking my life force and will to live directly out of my soul.

Thank you.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement