Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scandisk being run on every boot\reboot

Options
  • 05-03-2003 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Every time i turn on my computer or do a reboot it always starts doing a scandisk, regardless of whether it has crashed or gone through a full shut down.

is there any way to stop it doing this? its been happening for a while and is getting really annoying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

go to START/RUN type "Msconfig" and uncheck the scandisk option.

assuming you have win 98 or me cos dont think XP has that feature in msconfig well not sure it has.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

that used to happen to me on win95 because i had 'baaaad' sectors
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

is it doing it during bootup (blue background) or starting when windows boots?

if its the blue screen one duing boot, you can disable it under advanced properties in my computer.

id reccomend a reboot in dos (assuming 98 or 95 here) and run scandisk c: /autofix /surface and let if finish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

using 98. its doing it during bootup (blue background).
    Have let the scan finish on a number of occasions and no bad sectors have been found
    will try changing the msconfig setting.
    Cheers all!

Advertisement