Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIV3 PTW PBEM anyone?

Options
  • 05-03-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Anybody up for a PBEM with 6 players? :

This scenario is intended for six players. It consists of a huge map with six equal islands, each containing six equal cities, and one of each resourse/luxury. Each player has 1000 gold, every tech, a small defense force for each city, a small expeditionary force and a medium sized fleet.

First five to post are in. Civs will be assigned in order of posting (there's advantages and disadvantages to being first), unless we can sort something with time zones - I'm in GMT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I'm in GMT
    a saturday would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

PBEM = play by email

Each player takes their turn, saves the game and emails it onto the next person. Even though it's a scenario with very little land mass, it'd take a lot more than one Saturday to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Definately not me, a friend of mine from Holland played a 16man game of one of the Civ games, took him 6 MONTHS to finish, it was in PBEM. He came 2nd in it aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I'm stilll in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Count me in.

PS. will my virgin copy of Civ3 be enough, or is there a raft of patches etc i will need?

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

No - vanilla Civ3 will not do. You need the Play the World expansion to play multiplayer.

It's a complete rip off. I bought Civ3 cos we were promised multiplayer would follow. I'm sure everybody assumed that live civ2.42, it would be in the form of a free patch, not an expansion pack that costs almost as much as the game itself. I'll think twice before buying Alpha Centauri 2.

Originally posted by Pugsley
    a friend of mine from Holland played a 16man game of one of the Civ games, took him 6 MONTHS to finish

Pfff! It takes IR that long to play a match! :p

Seriously, that's why it's limited to a small land mass and a small amount of players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

PBEM - Civ3 as it was never meant to be played... or actually, probably as it WAS meant to be played, but all the same, sounds absolute pants. Its good over a network, but you really want to play it in long sittings rather than one turn goes once or twice a day...

If you havent guessed, this is not a 'count me in' post.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'd be up for it, just pm me

[edit] Just reread that and no... play by email... no thank you[/edit]

Advertisement