Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsgroups

• 05-03-2003 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Im in need of access to newsgroups, i want to be able to download from them. Ive tried to sign up for www.easynews.com but it wont accept my credit card for some resaon. are there any other services like this one and are they all the same. ive been told that the contents of the newsgroups varys from reader to reader but im not sure about this.?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I've been trying on and off to sign up to easynews for a year. I gave up on their support after being fobbed off on numerous occasions, with the saying stuff like my bank doesnt support the security code and stuff. As a test, I asked a friend in the UK to try and sign up and he couldnt either, so its not just limited to Ireland.

Instead I got an account with giganews.com and usenetserver.com and use a newsreader called Newsbin (www.newsbin.com) for binaries..outlook express for text. The only downside with this is that its not web based, and you need to download all the headers in a group, and cant search for/download files till you've got the headers/

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

thats the exact problem im haveing, the security code thing. so what exactly do i have to do to get accounts with giganews etc, and do i need the two accounts or would one work?
    i use Outlook at home for newsgroups and its fine. how much are the accounts?

thanks

gar

Advertisement