Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Command line RAR.EXE (winrar3)

Options
  • 05-03-2003 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get my weekly backup act together again. I'm using Rar.exe (got it with winrar3). Basically I want Rar.exe to zip up my stuff that I specify in a filelist file.... Now it works except it skips backing up my web favourites links...

The command structure I use:
    rar a -m5 G:\New\Criticals\Lastest\essentials.rar @G:\New\Criticals\Lastest\backuplist.bak

The file backuplist.bak contains:
    C:\Documents and Settings\MrT\Favorites\*
    D:\storage\notes\finance\Portfolio.xls
    D:\storage\notes\misc\Master details.doc
    D:\Storage\Notes\Computer\File Database\*

It does the all the above except Favorities! It only backs up the folder and not the subfolders within. I can't see why Rar won't backup the subfolders without specifying them! Any ideas?
    No errors in the log or progress window and there are 33 subfolders (favourites).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Actually I'd wonder do most of you backup your home PCs on a weekly or monthly basis and with what software??

I like winzip or winrar scripts and back it up on a CD-RW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by hamster
    Now it works except it skips backing up my web favourites links...

they barf the CDFS table because the file names are too long for CD

I normally zip em all manually and dump favourites.zip to cd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Thanks Muck,

Shoulda seen that one... just like Nero sometimes. But not a peep of complaint from WinRar! :rolleyes:

Advertisement