Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Ram do I need for this Motherboard?

• 06-03-2003 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Any help or comments appreciated.

This is the motherboard:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=22667&t=845&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=10&GrpID=5&s=pl

In the blurb it says DDR SDRAM, does this mean either DDR or SDRAM? or something else?

I have 128MB PC133 ram, would it be compatible with this motherboard?

I think I'll need 256mb ram, can you link to the correct ram please?

Also, what do you think of that motherboard, as a cheap upgrade for an old PC, the PC would be only for MS office and internet use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

well theres SDRAM and DDR-SDRAM

asus generally make good motherboards-yes
    I have 128MB PC133 ram, would it be compatible with this motherboard?

probably not, it doesn't seem to support sd-ram only ddr-ram

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Thanks theciscokid, I was thinking that it wouldn't be compatible too, I'm going to stick it in, when I get it anyway to try it :)

Does anyone have a link to the correct ram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by l3rian
    Thanks theciscokid, I was thinking that it wouldn't be compatible too, I'm going to stick it in, when I get it anyway to try it :)

okay. just realise that you may **** up your motherboard or the ram doing that... if it won't take it don't try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Thanks Quigs Snr and Kali, advice appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Originally posted by l3rian
    Thanks theciscokid, I was thinking that it wouldn't be compatible too, I'm going to stick it in, when I get it anyway to try it
    i could be wrong but isn't the form factor of sdram different to ddr so you shouldn't be able to insert the incorrect type.

Advertisement