Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axl Rose - Idiot?

Options
  • 06-03-2003 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Axl

I'm afraid to say this article sums Axl Rose up nicely. Especially the section on their performance at the MTV music awards.

If you really think about it, like really.... a bloke with a KFC bucket on his head???? :confused: What the fúck?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

haha... I thought that arguement with Cobain was funny.

Rose: "Tell the bitch to shut up or I'll take you down the pavement!"
    Cobain: (back to Rose) "Shut up bitch!

LOL... classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Cobain did actually turn to Love and told her to shut, just in a sarcastic tone. Kurt was too ****ed up at that stage to get in a confrontation with anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

In 1989, Rose coerced the band into recording One in a Million - a song that depicted homosexuals as immoral disease-spreaders and the entire Afro-American population as a bunch of gold-chain-wearing thieves.

lol...wata nutcase !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    In 1989, Rose coerced the band into recording One in a Million - a song that depicted homosexuals as immoral disease-spreaders and the entire Afro-American population as a bunch of gold-chain-wearing thieves.

lol...wata nutcase !!

That's taken out of context though. I heard he wrote the song from the point of view of a racist, homophobic bástard.... not himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes he is an Idiot, but he's a great singer :>

The whole Kurt/Axl thing was funny, as Axl was trying to be big and tough, but came across like a child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Yeah Slash and Duff said they left because he became a total control freak. But a great showman in his day and an amazing voice and crazy lyrics:

'Ya get nothin' for nothin'
    If that's what ya do
    Turn around bitch I got a use for you
    Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do
    And I'm bored' 'Wake up late honey put on your clothes
    Take your credit card to the liquor store
    That's one for you and two for me but tonight...' sexist allright but hilarious!
    :cool: They're out ta get me
    They won't catch me
    I'm innocent
    So you can
    Suck me
    Take that one to heart ' 'Panties 'round your knees
    With your ass in debris
    Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
    Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
    Be my rubbermade baby
    An' we can do it all'

Ahh appetite, endless fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

ive always said he is a cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

He realy has gone up the wall in the past decade, pity he totally killed G'n'R.

Yep... IMO the best rock singer there was. I really can't think of any better, but yeah a fool. He should let it lie now I remember really looking forward to the performance at the end of the MTV awards. The first notes he sang were just shíte. He really has lost it.... there's nothin to his voice any more.

... and playing with a fúckin KFC bucket on your head? Jaysus.

he is an average rock singer, there are tons better. heres one who is much better: Layne Staley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

he is a bit of an erect nipple but he is a great singer and a great lyric writer.

Originally posted by Darkillion
    he is an average rock singer, there are tons better. heres one who is much better: Layne Staley

Ah now, he's not "average" by any means!

But you have never heard the Use your Illusion albums.

Layne Stanley, he's pretty average.
    He ain't singing no more! :>

Darkillion, I've seen you involved in the arguments before. Even your sig indicates your dislike for all things GNR, so therefore I don't take many of your comments seriously. Fair enough it's your opinion. If you were to ask any fans of both bands who the better singer is\was, I can assure you the result will be Axl. He's by no means an average singer.

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Darkillion, I've seen you involved in the arguments before. Even your sig indicates your dislike for all things GNR, so therefore I don't take many of your comments seriously. Fair enough it's your opinion. If you were to ask any fans of both bands who the better singer is\was, I can assure you the result will be Axl. He's by no means an average singer.

i actually have begun to like GNR. Appetite has grown on me, and is a great album. Still not as good as most of you say, not in my top 20 albums ever but great still. and no, i havent heard ne of the use your illusions though i am thinking of getting the lend of one.

and no, you are wrong. my friend Sol loves both bands, but says Layne is much better. fair enuff Kingconor says Axl is better, but he doesnt even like alice in chains that much anyway. oh he pretends he does, but really he aint got a clue ;)

Ok you asked two of your mates............

Originally posted by Giblet
    Ok you asked two of your mates............

Yep. That solves that one then.

he said ask ne one who likes both bands and they will say Axl is better. and i proved him wrong. anyway, i only know one other person who likes both bands and its hardly a topic of conversation

I think Layne Staley is a better singer than Axl Rose. I'm a fan of both bands. IMO.

Just thought I'd sort out that arguement.

Interesting... I'd post a poll if I really gave a shít, but as a musician, my opinion is Axl is a better singer, better range, more powerful, more emotive. In fact I've never really hear another singer go as high as Axl.

So I'd say technically he was a better singer. Everyone's entitled to their opinion - obviously you lot prefer the "sound" of Layne Staley's vocal over Axl's. Technically he's not a better singer. Bear in mind I'm a big fan of both bands.

Anyway, it's a pointless argument, and off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Kingconor says Axl is better, but he doesnt even like alice in chains that much anyway. oh he pretends he does, but really he aint got a clue ;)
    Ah, praise from caesar, i must stress, that they sing in 2 different styles, Axl is a better allround singer as he can sing in many different styles and has a much better range, having said that, Staley was a great talent and it was a pity that we had to lose him in the manner in which we did.
    Anyway, some day when you grow up a little, you'll realise Guns N Roses were far better than any grunge band, and therefore accept that Axl was/is a better singer!
    Why did Axl get asked to sing at the Freddy Mercury Tribute concert and Staley didn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

"The first notes he sang were just shíte. He really has lost it.... there's nothin to his voice any more."

Bull****,

I seen GNR at the london dockland arena his voice was better than ever and the band were really excellent you can laugh at the guy with the bucket on his head i remember they used to laugh at the guy with the top hat on his head. I also seen gnr in Slane great concert but i remember his voice being a high pitched scream, in docklands it was the voice from appetite. I know i'll buy the new album and if they play anywhere near me i'll be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Legend !!!!!!!!!!

One of the greatest front men in hard rock, ever!
    Lives the life and does not hold back
    Nuff said

P.s: If you read the cover notes of "lies", you'll see he gives a good description of the thoughts behind "One in a Million"
    :mad:

Originally posted by kingconor
    Anyway, some day when you grow up a little

me grow up? your the one who nearly cries when someone touches your hat.

as for the freddie mercury thing, perhaps its because Axl was a fan of mercury and layne wasnt or perhaps because GNR were more popular than AiC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I really don't think Buckethead's appearance should matter a ****e. He is a guitarist and a very very good one. Granted, he is not as good as Slash (who is?) but he is lightning fast. He lacks a bit of melody though. Some of his solos sound a bit robotic.

Some tunes of his that i would recommend:
    Big sur Moon
    For Mom

Originally posted by kingconor
    Why did Axl get asked to sing at the Freddy Mercury Tribute concert and Staley didn't?
    Maybe cos Axl is a better known singer and Layne Staley doesn't like wearing Spandex...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Axl is a screecher, not a singer. GnR's strength was always the songs and the musicians - Axl at best managed to avoid mangling the material beyond comprehension.

Alice in Chains blew cheese monkeys.

Is Axl an idiot? The answer's so obvious it doesn't deserve a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

i think its unfair to criticise axls voice at the Vma's. if you watch any of the old live videos his voice is always awful at the start but by the 3rd song its perfect
    it still doesnt escape the fact that hes a whiney, childish idiot (that happens to be able to write amazing songs)
    itd be nice if GNR would ever play over here or release chinese democracy

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b
    Axl is a screecher, not a singer. GnR's strength was always the songs and the musicians - Axl at best managed to avoid mangling the material beyond comprehension.

He was not a screecher. I don't understand why people can't distinguish between sceeching and singing, just because he can sing high. It's very very hard to sing like he does, and he doesn't sing like that all the time. He could do loud and high pitched screamed, but there was a LOT of body behind them, really pulling the notes up from the diaphragm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

me grow up? your the one who nearly cries when someone touches your hat.

as for the freddie mercury thing, perhaps its because Axl was a fan of mercury and layne wasnt or perhaps because GNR were more popular than AiC
    Axl is a more versatile singer, therefore better, Staley could only sing in a grungey style, whereas Axl, he could sing ballads, out & out rock, rock n roll, punk, there's probably more, but i can think of any!
    Anyway, neither axl nor Staley are fit to lick the boots of Robert Plant or Ian Gillan, they are the best rock singers ever, no contest!!

• Advertisement

Robert Plant was good, and while Ian was a good singer, his lyrics were rubbish. Axl would out do Ian anyway.

Advertisement