Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you play?

• 06-03-2003 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

All the threads here are about who you support, who will win what etc etc etc. But does anybody actually play for a team?
    I guess I'm just curious and bored.
    Anyway, I only play UCD Superleague because I cant be arsed joining a senior team.
    Currently top of the Satuday Premier Division and still in the AIB Super Cup.

www.ucd.ie/~soccer/superleague

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Yup, I play in the Guiness Senior League (Saturday Div 1). We're not doing too well this season though! :(

Ah well .... theres always next year!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Play alot of 5 a side, in a league in the Astro Park in Tallaght on friday nights, and elsewhere a couple of nights a week. Unfortunately getting beaten alot in the league. Did not realise the average age would be 18-21, we are all late twenties and have drank two many pints to be running around like these whipper shnappers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Play for a club in c'bar. Season is just starting and we are hopeful of promotion.

Also play in a 5 a side league, currently third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Five a side on Wednesday evenings with colleagues after work.

Refreshingly low standard, thankfully.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Anyway, I only play UCD Superleague because I cant be arsed joining a senior team.
    Currently top of the Satuday Premier Division and still in the AIB Super Cup.

www.ucd.ie/~soccer/superleague

I remember winning that Saturday league way back when I was a student! Are the refs still awful??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

I tried playing but got dropped.
    I am too bad a player.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Just the odd Astropark kickabout for me. Thinking of joining a team though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

played in the lower divisions of the dublin schoolboy league for a decade with Lucan Utd but retired to a life of 5-a-side and pubs when in college - much more craic. After a year+ of inactivity i've recently got involved in an astro-turf south dublin league.
    Played my first game last week and was nearly coughing blood.
    Running around used to be so much fun.
    I've a lot of work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

i'm a mix between ronaldo and zidane one would say. others would say i'm talkin thru my arse. i play 5 and 7 a-sides, the odd tourny. i don't have the patience to play professionally.
    ;)
    I am definitely better than Kev Kilbane !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Play once or twice a week out door 7 aside, astra ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by ciano
    I remember winning that Saturday league way back when I was a student! Are the refs still awful??

Yup, terrible reffing got us knocked out of the other cup. And last year it cost us the league.
    In general though the reffing is poor, there are one or two good refs like Tommy Kinsella but the rest are terrible. One team nearly made a ref cry because he wasnt calling offside and they gave him a bollicking over it.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    In general though the reffing is poor, there are one or two good refs like Tommy Kinsella but the rest are terrible.

Ahhh Tommy! Hes a fairly sound old bloke right? I remember him!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In goals for Manor Farm F.C. in the Meath District league, Div 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I play 5-a side in Limerick. Astropark Tallaght in the Summer. I've recently joined the slippery slope of over-35's recently, play every Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

guinness major 1a Sunday division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Currently playing with UCC Freshers team in Munster senior league (Junior) division 1. Was with my local under 18's team before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by ciano
    Ahhh Tommy! Hes a fairly sound old bloke right? I remember him!

Yeah that's him. He used to play for Arsenal aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by thegills
    I play 5-a side in Limerick. Astropark Tallaght in the Summer. I've recently joined the slippery slope of over-35's recently, play every Sunday morning.

Where do you play?
    Indoor, or behind Castletroy college, (astroturf-type pitch) class job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

used to play not anymore got injured and never went back

Advertisement