Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Round 5

• 06-03-2003 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

Dublin v Cork
    Tyrone v Armagh
    Donegal v Kerry
    Galway v Roscommon

1B

Mayo v Kildare
    Laois v Sligo
    Down v Cavan
    Fernanagh v Meath

2A

Antrim v Louth
    Westmeath v London
    Limerick v Offaly
    Leitrim v Wicklow

2B

Carlow v Derry
    Longford v Clare
    Monaghan v Waterford
    Wexford v Tipperary

Some good games on this weekend, sorry i don't have the fixtures for the other divisions. Fancy the Dubs to take Cork at home, but I am a bit biased there. I was wondering why the Tyrone lads were so quiet this week, they are up against the only team in the country with a 100% record. Gotta say I fancy them to still have that 100% record on Monday Morning. Reckon Kerry will prove too strong for Donegal, who are in serious danger of finishing pointless at this stage, and Galway should deal with Roscommon fairly comfortably. Anyone any comment to make on this?

Alan Y is grrrrreat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

I was quiet because this board was quiet and i was starting to see why we got refused so many times for a GAA board in the first place.

I fancy a strong Dublin team over a strong Cork team and im not biased!!
    Ugh...as much as i hate to say it..Armagh.
    Surely itll be a stroll in the park for Kerry!
    Roscommon all the way...no joke...(funny feeling)

Ugh come on ta feck Tyrone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You can do it..(if u B n Q it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ugh...as much as i hate to say it..Armagh.

Ah, at long last a bit of realism settles in. Dont woory, only a couple of weeks now till the Eirigal boys are back in the county colours, or did they go straight back in without any break?
    Surely itll be a stroll in the park for Kerry!

I am not finding Kerry all that convincing so far, and they have not won an away game yet so it may be more of a problem for them than you think, but i do think they will shade it.
    Roscommon all the way...no joke...(funny feeling)
    Now that is a funny feeling!
    I was quiet because this board was quiet and i was starting to see why we got refused so many times for a GAA board in the first place.

I know what you mean but things will pock up once the Championship gets going. It has a much broader interest then the League has, or the inter county championship. Have not heard anyone make any comments on the Football club championship yet with the finals only 10 days away, although Tipp Gunner has mentioned the Hurling Club Championship a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Dublin
    Armage
    Kerry
    Galway

Its that simple.

C'mon the Dubs. I love to beat the big red neck fat boys of cork more than anyother county ( bar the pig fuokers of Meath)

And dear god I would dearly love to see armagh be taken down a peg or 10 but alas...I just cant see it.

Its 8-1 on Paddy Power.com for DonegalvKerry to be a draw. As a betting man I had to have a go. as I say Kery have not won away yet, having lost to both Cork and Galway.

Im logging on to Paddy power as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

For those of you who have an interest outside 1a (Alany - maybe you could edit the first post in the thread)?

1B

Mayo v Kildare
    Laois v Sligo
    Down v Cavan
    Fernanagh v Meath

2A

Antrim v Louth
    Westmeath v London
    Limerick v Offaly
    Leitrim v Wicklow

2B

Carlow v Derry
    Longford v Clare
    Monaghan v Waterford
    Wexford v Tipperary

Cheers MM, didn't have time to check it out when I started the thread the other day. was hoping some obliging person would do that. Anyway my only other prediction of note is that Meath Will be Beaten.

ha, Meaht loosing to Fermanagh...wouldnt that be deadly.

come on fermanagh ( where ever you are )

Originally posted by Waylander
    Ah, at long last a bit of realism settles in. Dont woory, only a couple of weeks now till the Eirigal boys are back in the county colours, or did they go straight back in without any break?

I am not finding Kerry all that convincing so far, and they have not won an away game yet so it may be more of a problem for them than you think, but i do think they will shade it.

Now that is a funny feeling!

I know what you mean but things will pock up once the Championship gets going. It has a much broader interest then the League has, or the inter county championship. Have not heard anyone make any comments on the Football club championship yet with the finals only 10 days away, although Tipp Gunner has mentioned the Hurling Club Championship a few times.

Yup its a really funny feeling...and a lot of my funny feelings have came through lately.

Umm i think i heard something about only 1 of the Errigal alds was out so far, but mayb i was dreaming i cant really mind..as i wasnt payin attention.

Yeah i cant wait 2 the c'ship and there should be lots of posts about it as its farrrr more competitive.

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    For those of you who have an interest outside 1a (Alany - maybe you could edit the first post in the thread)?

1B

Mayo v Kildare
    Laois v Sligo
    Down v Cavan
    Fernanagh v Meath

2A

Antrim v Louth
    Westmeath v London
    Limerick v Offaly
    Leitrim v Wicklow

2B

Carlow v Derry
    Longford v Clare
    Monaghan v Waterford
    Wexford v Tipperary

Kildare
    Sligo
    Cavan
    Meath(haha Alany)

Antrim, louth????
    Westmeath
    Funny feeling dat itll be Limerick, but i dont know how both teams are performing!
    Letrim??

Derry
    Longoford,Clare??? Clare mayb
    Monaghan...there gonna ahve a good year in the qualifiers this year.
    Tipp

Im most likely wrong but whats the odds in all of my predictions being right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Dublin v Cork - i hate to say it, but dubs to take the points
    Tyrone v Armagh - My head says armagh, but being a tyrone supporter my head is way up in the clouds, tyrone to win by 2 points!!
    Donegal v Kerry - Poor donegal, they're this years whipping boys i think!!!
    Galway v Roscommon - i fancy Roscommon to cause an upset!

1B

Mayo v Kildare -mayo to win by 2 points
    Laois v Sligo -e.o'hara to carry sligo through
    Down v Cavan - who cares
    Fermanagh v Meath - fermanagh to beat meath by a bag full

2A

Antrim v Louth _ Saffaronies, saffaronies, olé olé olé!!
    Westmeath v London - Why do london bother?
    Limerick v Offaly - The stabbers to steal he points!
    Leitrim v Wicklow - Again who cares?

2B

Carlow v Derry -derry are such crap so carlow
    Longford v Clare - i alaways thought these to only play hurling so i don't no
    Monaghan v Waterford-the ulster team to win
    Wexford v Tipperary - Again hurling counties, so, i dunno!!

ahh and u dare laughed at me Mr.Waylander!!!even conor thinks Roscommon will come out superior!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Allianz Football Division 1A
    Galway 0-08
    Roscommon 2-10

Donegal 0-08
    Kerry 1-12

Tyrone 1-09
    Armagh 0-10

Dublin 0-08
    Cork 0-16

Allianz Football Division 1B
    Mayo 0-12
    Kildare 0-09

Fermanagh 3-09
    Meath 0-12

Down 1-10
    Cavan 1-13

Laois 1-08
    Sligo 0-05

Allianz Football Division 2A
    Leitrim 1-14
    Wicklow 1-07

Antrim 0-08
    Louth 1-13

Limerick 2-05
    Offaly 1-07

Westmeath 3-19
    London 1-07

Allianz Football Division 2B
    Monaghan 0-18
    Waterford 1-06

Wexford 2-14
    Tipperary 0-07

Carlow 1-08
    Derry 5-13

Longford 2-11
    Clare 0-12

C'mon you boys in Blue!!!

hmmm it takes a REAL team to beat the All-Ireland champs...who all this year got beat by them??uuhhhummm?

#1)I'm gonna shoot Pat Mc Enaney so he can't referee any of Tyrones Championship matches...hes was the worst i ever saw!!!!what has he got agianst Tyrone and Peter Canavan?

#2)I'm still not satasfied with Tyrone and am stil really critical of them as their shooting was poor today...worse that poor it was pathetic...including Canavan, he and the rest of the team wee missing 20, 30 yard shots which they should be picking off...even if there was a wind...that only god knows what direction it was going. NEVER in my life did i see Canavan miss 3 20-30 yd frees at county level... IN MY LIFE!!

...and yes i know that todays performance is no way to judge how well Armagh are gonna do this year as they had only 8 of their All-Ireland winning team starting today but at least WE can put it up to them unlike cetain counter parts...not naming any except for DUBLIN!!!!
    plus we ourselves still have Star players to come back as well...for one..Chris Lawn

1)Pascall McConnell-didnt relaly get tested but im scared of him as hes really shakey under the high ball (but he probally did better than the Dublin Keeper)

2)Ryan McMenamin-As usual pure class and a hardy we player(beter than the Dublin number 2!)

3)Colin Holmes-there wasnt much asked of him but when there was,he did his job!(better than the Dublin Full-back)

4)Michael Mc Gee-first time i ever saw this lad play..hes small but FaStIsH...and tight..he often came up the field and layed it into ppl such as T.Mc Entee and Francie Bellew.(better than the Dublin Corner back

5)Kieran Hughes-hmm cant think.(prob better than the Dublin right-hlaf back)

6)Gavin Devlin-young agressive..gr8(better then the Dublin Cente Half back!)

7)Philip Jordan-Ecxellent...last year i thought he was sh!te but he proved himself 2day(i bet he was better then the Dublin wing-half back!)

8)Ryan Mellon-FÚCKING LETHAL!

9)Sean Cavanagh-Brillant at driving though on setting up scores in the first half, but sorta came out of the game in the 2nd half(Tyrones midfielders were prob better than Dublins!!!)

10)Seamus Mulgrew--What a gr8 fileder of the ball and played well today but came up shakey when on for goal!(better than Dublins

11)Brian Mc Guigan-THE MESSIAH!!!!!!!!!!(am i meant to bleieve in that..i dunno...wateva)

12)Brian Dooher- his usual self(Better then the Dublins left half fwd)
    13)Frank Mc Guigan-Why couldnt he be more liek his brother?i never realised how slow onto the ball he was until today.Was a good jod he was substituted(probbaly better than the Dublin C.F)
    14)Peter Canavan-he was O.K. comig out on to the ball but as i said before didnt get a good enough chance because of the ref and his shooting was bad!
    15)Eoin Mulligan-the cub raked it 2day again...was flying against Bellew but then Armagh switched Andy Mallon on to him...which slowed him down a bit..but not for long!!!!!(tjhe man is a legend)

p.s. if Armagh were trying to show the people of Tyrone how to win an All Ireland...then apparently you do it by trpping the oppostion from behind once they run by you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excuse any poor grammer and spelling and quote anything that doesnt make sense to the eye

howd the Dublin match go...?

you see waylander my funny feelings always come through partly 2 the fact that Galway have been crap so far this campaign but gwan Roscommon and of course Tír Eoghain!!!!!!!

I would love ban brew for a month or two just for being a cocky fùcker but..i know only too well that I would do the same and worse in his position.

So Brew....You banned for 1 hour. Starting now.

The reasons:

Too much Fùcking cursing
    Too much Fùcking cockyness
    Too much of being from Tyrone

Humph.

Racist!!! You're pickin on brew cos he's from Tyrone!!! I'll have to PM De Vore about this!!! :mad:
    P.S - g'wan Tyrone & Roscommon!!!

Nah... Fuck all of them... UP CAVAN!

I'll back you up Al, we will just say that some of his comments were so upsetting you had to delete them immediately, as a result there is no evidence. Ban him for ever!

Thanks Waylander....Only proble if I ban all the people on my "list" then the only ones left posting will be me and you.

• Advertisement

jezzeus your very childish banning me because i backed my team and with that PM which i wont quote, simply because im not AS childish as you, but if u wanna play childish teenage games then ill play...and of course ill win simply bacause i am a teenager!!!

P.S. u banned me because of my cursing.....lmfao!!!!!!!

....waylander your no better.

An excuse to ban you is an excuse to ban you.

Fùcking jaysus.

We're getting a little off topic now!!!

Christ. :rolleyes:

Yes Lets all stay on topic

....cause that would be true to form on the GAA board.

Thanks Waylander....Only proble if I ban all the people on my "list" then the only ones left posting will be me and you.

I dont see why that is a problem Al. It will be nice to have some intelligent Leinster discussions for a change.

Advertisement