Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola A830

• 06-03-2003 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Motorola's contribution to 3G :)

Heavy, ugly & in true Motorola tradition - not user-friendly. For it's size, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it might have a built-in mini-fridge and/or microwave. But it doesn't even have an integrated camera. There's 5.5MB of internal memory & it can accept the same variety of MMC cards as that of the N3650. No Bluetooth or MMS capabilities either.

It could be that this is a very early protoype, so I won't fly off the handles just yet :)

Here are a few pics:
    From the side, front & it's size compared to other phones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aperson

Ok, let's take a look at this asshat's post, from a factual point of view-

"Motorola's contribution to 3G"
    Perhaps the only factual line in this entire bull**** post. Yes, it is made by Motorola and yes, it is a 3G phone. Shame the rest sucks.

"Heavy, ugly & in true Motorola tradition - not user-friendly"
    Yeah, it is heavy and big- probably still a thousandth the size and weight of Fidelis. It's not ugly, You're just stupid. And besides, current 3G phones are still a bit on the big size, even the NEC e606 is big for a flip phone. I've never owned a Motorola before so I can't comment on the "tradition" but this phone is very very easy to use. If you can't work it out you're probably retarded.

"For it's size, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it might have a built-in mini-fridge and/or microwave"
    No, Fidelis, that's just a feature YOU want so you don't have to get off your ass everytime you want another lardy treat.

"But it doesn't even have an integrated camera"
    The included camera is not integrated, asshole, it's detachable. Moron.

"There's 5.5MB of internal memory & it can accept the same variety of MMC cards as that of the N3650"
    No, there's actually 2MB of internal memory but it comes with a 32MB card.

"No Bluetooth or MMS capabilities either"
    The phone has Bluetooth and MMS. Dickface.

"It could be that this is a very early protoype, so I won't fly off the handles just yet"
    Then allow me to fly off the handle at all your factual errors. You're probably just a nokia/sony-ericson/samsung/etc. fanboy who saw a phone that was a little different to the norm and decided to attack it with bull****. You suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

lol

who's this, the ceo of motorola? or rather, the 10-year-old son of the ceo of motorola?

hey carrotcake-
    neither- i own one of those phones and I find it to be the best I've ever owned- but as with everything else I wanted to hack into it to see what I could do- so I typed "motorola a830 hack" into Google. Fidelis' post was the first response- I read it and got pissed, its pretty obvious he's only seen pictures of an a830. Seriously though, I never ever normally respond to posts like this- you know the saying about how arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics- but Fidelis' post showed a special kind of stupidity/ignorance I felt I needed to comment on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

wasn't very impressed with the handset either, their next revision, the Motorola A835, makes a fair amount of improvements

ref: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95025

was sure the A830 has Bluetooth though (Moto person certainly mentioned that in the demo) and it's listed in the Product Portfolio and notes
    originally posted by aperson wearing his size 20 boots

its pretty obvious he's only seen pictures of an a830
    i'd easily wager Fidels uses more handsets than you've had hot dinners... he has the latest models in his hands before most get to hear about them let alone see them in real life

atb,
    BrianG

hey DubW-
    the point made with the "only seen pictures" statement is that he hasn't prolonged use of it. I have had mine for 2 months now and know enough to know exactly how wrong 90% of what Fidelis said is. If he "has the latest models in his hands before most get to hear about them" I'm surprised he was so stupidly wrong, so I wanted to correct all the errors in his post in a humorous way. Thanks for that link BTW- that's weird about the Siemens U10. How long have Moto & Siemens been in bed?

-Disclaimer-
    Something I forgot to say before- I got this phone in Australia and it came with the camera here- it might not wherever you guys are- here's a photo of it- i took the photo next to an Aussie $20 note so you can compare size.

-edit-
    oh and sorry the pic is such low quality- let me know anyone if you want a better pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

"Fidelis' post showed a special kind of stupidity/ignorance I felt I needed to comment on, so I wanted to correct all the errors in his post in a humorous way"

aperson, you're bleating to me about comments I made on a prototype 3G phone 4 months ago. The unit I was using for over a month had no Bluetooth, no MMS & 5.5MB of memory. There were no errors for you to correct in the first place. I don't see why you had to be so nasty about it.

"I don't see why you had to be so nasty about it"
    Because that's the way of internet forums. My apologies Fidelis.

Advertisement