Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you put on the front page.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

On the new look, very "AIB".. Don't know why, that just came to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Licksy, go outside the door and think about what you've done.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you want to have a picture of me on the front page - that's fine I don't mind, I'm sure it will increase traffic etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Howabout some of that juicy data on:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?s=

It could be formatted like this:
    ----
    Latest new user:
    Hello to DEATHGIVER2004

Latest banned user:
    Bye bye DEATHGIVER2003.3
    ----

And also graphs mapping how many users online a la MircStats. GRAPHS R FUN!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids at www.infopop.com

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

How about a link to the boards e-mail, or an option to log directly into it as well as boards, e.g. pop up new window.

Also things are very bundled up on the boards.ie menu, could they be spread out around the first page and stuff.

Alot of ppl don't even realise many of those features are there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by TomTom
    How about a link to the boards e-mail, or an option to log directly into it as well as boards, e.g. pop up new window.

i'd like to see that too. maybe with a link on the left hand side saying if you have new e-mails or unread ones like the PM thing.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, Firstly Smiles I dunno who gave you a link but they are out of line. The reason we havent released the look and feel is because we havent finished it AT ALL. To indicate that to ourselves Figgy made it all grey. We've already decided that people associate the shade of blue we have already with Boards.

We're going to do a Google thing with the logo and have different people from Boards submit different logos for short periods.

You are right about it being more organised etc, Boards is getting huge in terms of areas and information-overload and we need to be more organised in how we front end it.

I dont think its possible (or desirable) to log into your mail and check for new mail as we dont have your email password stored in the database. But links to stuff like the Mail interface are a good idea.

Debates and Events get more prominence, there are LOTS more info-streams (so that rather then just communicating with everyone here, or in an announcement, we can announce stuff on the front screen too...)

We want to get the ideas I have into a decent enough design first and THEN we'll open it up to everyone to put forward ideas.
    We've all agreed that the Boards "Eyes" will make an appearance on the new page as the "lads"are still our mascots kinda. However they take up too much space when there is a ton of stuff going a-begging.

Anyway, everyone complained the last time we changed the front page :p
    I hope to be leaving the current front page up after the new one goes live as Index2.php or something. So that people who REALLY want to use it can.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A search button on the front page would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by DeVore
    We're going to do a Google thing with the logo and have different people from Boards submit different logos for short periods

That's a bloody good idea.
    Originally posted by Gordon
    A search button on the front page

As is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by DeVore
    I dont think its possible (or desirable) to log into your mail and check for new mail as we dont have your email password stored in the database. But links to stuff like the Mail interface are a good idea.
    Do you mean like a set of links to "most used websites"? Like the Hotmail, AOL, yahoo, ireland.com, etc. ones that internet cafes have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    how about a pge 3 kind of "breasts of the day" thing?

And for the gay boys maybe a "manly chest" of the day?

No?

ok then. At least I tried.

Thanks for robbing my cutecore idea merc any other ideas you'd like to plunder from my brain???????????????

Advertisement